Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Mainstream DVDs you bought mostly for the nudity.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
190 replies to this topic

#41 of 191 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 02:46 AM

Seriously - does anyone have Amadeus just because of its short nude scene?
I don't own it, but if I were going to buy it, the nudity would be the only reason. Posted Image
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#42 of 191 OFFLINE   JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,775 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 03:44 AM

Not out on DVD yet... but PARADISE with Phoebe Cates. Rar.

#43 of 191 OFFLINE   Nathan*W

Nathan*W

Screenwriter

• 1,069 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 03:59 AM

Quote:
This thread seems to be degenerating into "movies with nudity in them", not "movies you own MOSTLY because of nudity". Seriously - does anyone have Amadeus just because of its short nude scene?

This thread's more interesting if it stays on topic and doesn't just become a random litany of skin...
Since you decided to pick on me, Colin, the answer to your question is yes, I picked up the Amadeus: Director's Cut only for the nudity. I already had the original (and generally excellent) release, so there was no reason to upgrade, as the other added scenes did nothing for me.

Every film I listed is in my collection in part or in whole because of the nudity. Some are otherwise great movies, like Lethal Weapon 2 or Boogie Nights (which I would have liked just as much with no skin), while others are abysmal, like Road to Wellville or Van Wilder (which serve no purpose for me but to show skin), but my motivation for the purchase was the same for all of them.

#44 of 191 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 04:19 AM

I'd have to list Philip Kaufman's Rising Sun as a DVD I brought mostly for the skin. An OK flick but damn they can't turn a corner without running into a woman with no clothes on (and if any film was going to coax me to try sushi, it would be this one, if you know what I mean Posted Image )
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#45 of 191 OFFLINE   JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin

Producer

• 3,219 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 04:23 AM

Mmm. The first edition of Amadeus was a flipper. That might be a reason to upgrade (although "extended nude scene" is a powerful selling point

#46 of 191 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 24 2005 - 06:06 AM

The original cut of Amadeus is actually much better than the extended cut, although the extended disc is good for the other features. Posted Image

I remember watching the original way back when and thinking that Mrs. Mozart was pretty hot. I was pretty shocked when, 20 years later, I watched the extended cut and discovered that she actually got nekkid! Quite the novelty it was.

Fans of PJ Soles will want to pick up the new edition of Stripes, for the same effect.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#47 of 191 OFFLINE   Nathan*W

Nathan*W

Screenwriter

• 1,069 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 06:06 AM

Quote:
Mmm. The first edition of Amadeus was a flipper. That might be a reason to upgrade (although "extended nude scene" is a powerful selling point
True, but picture and sound quality were excellent for a 1997 release. But, we're getting off topic. Posted Image Posted Image

#48 of 191 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted June 24 2005 - 06:26 AM

For the record, I own every dvd I mentioned earlier, and I also own this one which I can't freakin believe I left off...

Poison Ivy: The New Seduction Jaime Pressley, talk about a body that would make a corpse stand up and salute!
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#49 of 191 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,314 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 06:58 AM

LOL ..... I enjoyed perusing this thread in the spirit in which it was intended.

And NO, I've never bought a DVD because of nudity. I actually think nudity is irrelevant in most films and in some cases, distracting.

Fortunately, nudity is prevalent and accessible in my personal life so I don't have to purchase movies to see it.

#50 of 191 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 07:10 AM

The presance of actual nudity in one's real life isn't really important here, it's the desire to see a sexy celebrity nude. Anyone can see their spouse or girlfriend naked, but how many chances do we get to see Madchen Amick in her birthday suit? Posted Image Posted Image

#51 of 191 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 24 2005 - 07:12 AM

Quote:
Anyone can see their spouse or girlfriend naked, but how many chances do we get to see Madchen Amick in her birthday suit?

Well, what if you're married to Madchen Amick? Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#52 of 191 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 07:17 AM

Then you'd better call a coroner because i've obviously died and went to heaven. Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 of 191 OFFLINE   Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
LOL ..... I enjoyed perusing this thread in the spirit in which it was intended.

Quote:
And NO, I've never bought a DVD because of nudity. I actually think nudity is irrelevant in most films and in some cases, distracting.

Is it even possible for the "same" person to post these two opposing viewpoints? Posted Image

Quote:
Fortunately, nudity is prevalent and accessible in my personal life so I don't have to purchase movies to see it.

This is absolutely true! If you have "nudity" in your real life, the human condition is free and clear of "nudity" in our 'fantasy' lives. Posted Image
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#54 of 191 OFFLINE   Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit

• 255 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill GA USA

Posted June 24 2005 - 07:29 AM

Crimes of Passion, Body Double

#55 of 191 OFFLINE   Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 08:29 AM

I just ordered one today from Hastings.

Secretary (Maggie Gyllenhaal, full-frontal Posted Image )
Lacey Chabert is so fetch!
My DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc library

#56 of 191 OFFLINE   Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 08:45 AM

I didn't buy but rented the R rated version of "sex and lucia" just to see paz vega naked, but unfortunatly, that version cuts out the full frontal shots.
Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of...

#57 of 191 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
And, I am so all over Killing Me Softly it isn't funny, I didn't know Heather was naked in it!

Oh brother, she isn't just naked in it.....she is NEKID in it! Posted Image Seriously, it was funny to me how some people covet Boogie Nights for her brief nude scene when this film out does it by at least three minutes!

I've always found Laura Linny's midwest good looks to be quite attractive....and until I saw the DVD of the cable film MAZE I had no idea she was a natural strawberry blond.....either that or she went all the way for the character!

Oh, and by the way:
Quote:
Posted Image Yeah, right, like that has any bearing on why men buy films with nudity in them, I'm sorry for laughing but IMO that is an extraordinarily naive and/or snide statement to make. I guarantee you that well over half of the men in this thread who posted are happily married.....that has nothing to do with it.Posted ImagePosted Image
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#58 of 191 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,263 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 09:56 AM

Quote:
Since you decided to pick on me, Colin, the answer to your question is yes, I picked up the Amadeus: Director's Cut only for the nudity. I already had the original (and generally excellent) release, so there was no reason to upgrade, as the other added scenes did nothing for me.

I didn't intend to "pick on" anyone. I thought - and still think - that it's odd to own the extended Amadeus just for its brief nude scene, but hey, if that's what does it for you, I won't criticize.

I still think that in general, this thread has turned into a roster of skin scenes, not movies that people got expressly for the nudity...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#59 of 191 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted June 24 2005 - 10:05 AM

I disagree Colin, I've mostly mentioned films that were bought for this reason....not all of course, but quite a few*...for instance I mentioned Jamie Lee Curtis' Love Letters which I first sought out for her nudity back when I was 14 but then found out that in addition to Ms. Curtis' perfect body this was actually a very good melodrama and also, IMO, features one of JLC's better performances....a...and the fact that she has an amazing amount of nudity in it.
Posted Image I remember when she was a guest on Late Night With David Letterman in 1983 he went on & on about the shear amount of skin she shows in this film...she didn't seem very pleased with him about this and didn't guest on his show for years after!Posted Image

*By that I mean "quite a few" of the titles I mentioned in this thread of course, not "quite a few" of the titles I actually own.....I may indeed be salacious sometimes but, man...I'd like to think that I wasn't a flat out prevert! Posted Image
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#60 of 191 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted June 25 2005 - 09:38 AM

One film I guess I would buy strictly for the nudity (but haven't as yet) would probably be Michael Cimino's Year Of The Dragon, I never particularly found the film to be interesting on most levels but the model turned actress (who couldn't "act" her way out of a paper bag BTW) in the lead female roll, Ariane, was alluring enough for me to watch it several times on cable in the 80's whenever it was on...similar to The Beastmaster which I did buy on DVD but not just for Tanya Roberts quite nice "appearance" (I actually like the film for other campy reasons)

Which brings me to a film I definitely bought strictly for the nudity, but not as yet on DVD (I only have the VHS from the mid-80's), and that would be the film that unfairly slipped under Oscar's radar: Sheena, how in the HELL was this a PG film?Posted Image
-Kevin M.

- Roger Ebert

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow