What's new

Hitchcock Presents Release? (1 Viewer)

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
So they just announced for October a massive 15 disc box set of Hitchcocks - where is the tv box set release? I recall a conference last year where the booklet announced a 2005 release for AH presents - any leads?

Movie Maven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
ed
Thanks for the info, just ordered hour series.originally 60.00 now 32.70 per season...price was to good to pass up even though 23.00 in shipping to states...after ordering season 7 ( from madman)last year can finally cross this series off my list...now if i could get the last 3 seasons of Green Acres all my dvd season series will be complete

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Just placed my order for AHP Seasons 6 & 7 and AHH 1, 2, and 3.

I'd been wanting these for awhile, since I've given up on Universal ever finishing the Region 1 run (and I never did buy their DVD-R of Season 6), but the Region 4s can be pricey. The prices in this sale, however, are low enough for me to go ahead and make the purchase. As Ed said above, it's too good to pass up even with the shipping cost.

Glad to finally complete Presents and get all of Hour, even if it's not Region 1.

Now somebody just needs to release the complete run of Hitchcock's Suspicion series.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thanks for that promotion info MADMAN...after waiting on further R1 releases on that glacial pace from Universal, I might just flip my lid and go after your very much appreciated R4 sets...like Movie Maven and Dave, I've just about had enough of waiting for them...Hitchcock Presents and Hitchcock hour are, after all, essentials for most B+W classic TV collectors...

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Ordered the Alfred Hitchcock Hour sets. Came out under $100. It's not going to be that cheap if it ever makes it to the US.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Neil Brock said:
I would hold off on ordering the AHH sets from overseas if I were you. Just saying. ;)
Too cryptic, what do you know Neil? Spill the beans.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Neil Brock said:
I would hold off on ordering the AHH sets from overseas if I were you. Just saying. ;)

Neil:

Thanks for the glimmer of hope for The Alfred Hitchcock Hour in Region 1! And I'm really hoping that glimmer is "pressed" not "burned" :D

Now, might there be any possible reason to hold off ordering say Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 6 on DVD-R in Region 1 or even all seven seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents in Region 4? ;) (Please say yes! LOL!)

Darby

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Darby67 said:
Now, might there be any possible reason to hold off ordering say Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 6 on DVD-R in Region 1 or even all seven seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents in Region 4? ;) (Please say yes! LOL!)

Darby

Unfortunately I have no info on this.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Darby67 said:
I'm hoping someone like Shout! or VEI will license all seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour from Universal and release complete series of both shows on pressed DVDs.

I'm still hoping that Universal themselves will issue a complete Alfred Hitchcock Presents set in the slimline cases like they did with Columbo and The Rockford Files. This will do away with the flipper discs for Season 1 and the DVD-R for Season 6.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
phenri said:
I'm still hoping that Universal themselves will issue a complete Alfred Hitchcock Presents set in the slimline cases like they did with Columbo and The Rockford Files. This will do away with the flipper discs for Season 1 and the DVD-R for Season 6.

If Universal does this for AHP, most likely it would be done for clearing out old inventory.

If they don't have an excessive amount of inventory of seasons 1 to 5, then there's probably no point in releasing a complete series set.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
With all that being said, an indicator which I watch out for, is when Universal starts dumping a particular tv show's season sets at places like Costco, etc ...

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The few correlations I've noticed, is that when a Universal show is being massively dumped at places like Costco, etc ... there might be a complete series set in the works.

For example, shows like Magnum PI, Miami Vice, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, Rockford Files, Quantum Leap, the original Law & Order, etc ... were massively dumped at the local Costco outlets over the past 5+ years. Typically a year or two later, either a complete series set is released and/or the old double-sided flipper disc season sets are re-released as single-sided discs.

With that being said, a few cases didn't pan out yet. For example, I've seen the old Emergency! season sets being dumped at Costco, but no complete series set yet.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And "Emergency" keep in mind is a show that would require them releasing the remastered versions of S1-S5 they did after the fire for cable broadcasts and Hulu on DVD for the first time and not using the older transfers (Only S6 and the post-series movies were remastered on DVD). I suspect that's why we haven't seen it yet, but since the transfers are done, you'd think it wouldn't cost too much extra to issue them in a slimline set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks