What's new

Just hit 501 DVD titles in my collection (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed. I'm usually the latter among strangers :)

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I just passed the 600 mark for DVDs in my collection,
and I wouldn't have thought my library could reach
this number when I first started collecting DVDs
(March 1999). Sometimes I feel embarassed about it
also- I don't tell people how big my collection is-
but don't we all need a hobby?
;)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
It's strange, but this is one of the only places where my 350 title collection doesn't seem all that large-everyone else I know thinks I'm crazy. It has been five years for me though, so it's not really that bad.

Almost at the 5000 mark for comics though...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, guys like Crawdaddy and RAF make me feel better and I actually tell my friends about their collections if they give me "that look." Nothing like passing the buck :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Just passed 450 here, and I've actually slowed down recently, not to mention getting rid of about 40. :eek:

GordonL

Supporting Actor
I recently broke the 500 mark myself and I've been collecting since 98. The sick part is maybe 95% of my collection is still in it's original, un-opened, shrink wrap. :b How about you guys?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Well either you're a very busy man Gordon or you like collecting the shiny discs far more than the actual process of playing them.:)

I have a few I still haven't watched but they're all unwrapped just in case the disc inside is loose or scratched or has some strange blue gunge on the playing side, which happened to me once, luckily I managed to get it replaced.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Mine have all been watched too.

I believe that all new disks must be seen in a month, so if any have to go back, the store won't throw a fit.

Glenn

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I got to about 270 before I started selling them off. I'd like to be at under 50 by christmas, just in time for Blu*Ray/HD-DVD to make my 'DVD Portfolio' worth even less than the shelf they stay on. (And if NetFlix branches into HD I don't think I'll own more than 12 HD movies).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Out of my 847 titles, only 22 have not been watched at all, while I've only partially watched another 8 or 9. Those partially watched titles are all TV season sets that take me awhile to get completely through.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I also have a fair number that have not been watched. I'm thinking I need to temporarily suspend my Netflix account so I can catch up on the ones I own! My main concern is of course if any of them have problems. I do try to watch the pre-viewed ones before the expiration for return, but only if the disc surface seems iffy. The ones I just bought were pristine.

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
about 530 here, but I have been slacking for the past year. I should have 600, but excess money is harder and harder to come by ;)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've got about 30 :)

Even then, I've sometimes feel I've too many -- that's around $600 in DVDs! I've found I don't rewatch DVDs much, so I generally resist my irrational craving to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks