What's new

More Night Court?? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Has anyone out there heard whether or not we will continue to see future Night Court season sets, or is it dead in the water??

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am starting to dislike the studio practice of releasing 1 or 2 seasons to see how they sell before committing to producing & releasing the rest.

I don't usually buy a season set unless I can get the entire series. (I know, I am anal) So I wont buy something like Night Court unless the who series was available. So by not buying the first season, I am helping cause the studio to not produce the rest. This is a catch22.

Studios should commit to a show and either release an entire series or not.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
While I would like to see more seasons of this show, I think Warner is directing most of their attention to superhero shows and "The Dukes Of Hazzard" at the moment.

I've been waiting almost a year for season 2 of "Mad TV", so I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

The price of future seasons sets should be 20 dollars, same as in town.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'm definitely looking forward to more Night Court as well. It was a pretty popular show in its day (it did last for 9 seasons, after all). Considering all of the shows that are getting multiple releases, I can't imagine Night Court not selling well enough to justify more sets.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It will mark almost a year between the Dallas S1/S2 set and the S3 when that one comes out, but it is coming, so don't give up hope for this one.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Markie Post was nothing. Ellen Foley was where it was at. I was only 2 years old when her run on the series ended, but I looked at the reruns of her episodes on Biography and I noticed that she was a definite babe.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Well, at least that's what I think.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Well, maybe I reacted wrongly. Markie Post does look good, but what I meant to say was that everybody talks about her as if she was the only memorable and attractive female lawyer on that show. It seems like everybody has forgotten the 84-85 season of the show, which is the one I'm most familiar with through the reruns of the show.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Well, that's where I stand at least.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Ellen Foley was cute. I just happen to think Markie Post was cuter, and that the show really hit its stride in terms of the ensemble and the characters in its mid period. (The last two seasons fell off considerably.)

But these are matters of taste. If you like vanilla ice cream I can't marshall logical arguments and convince you to switch to chocolate. Nor would I try. At the same time I wouldn't dismiss vanilla as "nothing" and somehow unworthy of support. :)

Just so there are no misunderstandings. As we used to say in the Bronx, "No autopsy, no foul." :D

Regards,

Joe

John Milton

Second Unit
I too am anxious for more Night Court. I'll happily buy all of the remaining seasons just as soon as they are released. NC is my second favorite TV show ever.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Well, it seems that the fanbase is there.
C'mon W.B. we are all waiting for N.C. season 2 and beyond!!:D

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Support Night Court by watching the TV Land Marathon starting August 13 and then beg for more (the rest of the) Season sets on DVD!

Don't know how this fares for more NC DVDs but at my local Sam's Club, the NEW price of NC:S1 is now a little under $13. I bought it for $20-something there when it was first released.
-

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks