Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Any Joan Armatrading fans here? Question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   PatrickL

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted June 19 2005 - 04:19 PM

This is probably a long shot, but.... There was a Joan Armatrading 2 cd set released a couple of years ago called "Love and Affection: Classics." Anyone here have it by any chance? I noticed tonight that a song called "What Do The Boys Dream?" is listed on this compilation. I'd be happy to buy this to have it, since it's one of the songs I remember liking from her long out of print album "The Key," which I don't have. Trouble is, on itunes and on amazon, the sample of this track is NOT of "What Do The Boys Dream" even though it is listed as such - it's of a song called "Tell Tale" which isn't on the tracklisting at all. I poked around the Web reading reviews, but if the wrong song wound up on the cd, no review I read noted it. Is anyone able to tell if "What Do The Boys Dream" is actually on this cd? It's a dealbreaker for me if it isn't, since I already have most of her cds and several compilations.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

• 4,769 posts

Posted June 19 2005 - 08:21 PM

Good news - check ebay; at the time of typing there are at least a couple of copies of the album available from retailers that are either US-based or will ship to the US. Bad (or rather, cautionary) news - 'What do boys dream?' only appears on some listings. I haven't had time to work it out, but I suspect that the track is only on US versions of the album. I hope this helps.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   PatrickL

Second Unit

• 428 posts

Posted June 20 2005 - 11:09 AM

Thanks Andrew. I'm on top of a copy of "The Key" cd thanks to your post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users