-

Photo
- - - - -

New track from the band "Europe" - Got to Have Faith

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 04:22 AM

This is one ass-kicking track!

Yup, these are the same boys that brought us "The Final Countdown". And this is NOTHING like that! Thankfully!

I heard this on XM's Boneyard this morning, and could not believe it was Europe. What a killer track. I googled the band, and it looks to be on a new album called "Start from the Dark", which streeted last week. If the rest of it sounds like this track, I'm There!

CDUniverse has it, but does not have samples, and it's not on iTunes.

Anyone here this? If you go to their web site, its the song playing while you are on their home page:

http://www.europetheband.com/

Brian

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 04:33 AM

Oh, flashbacks from the past. Do they still have the ridiculous names? Joey Tempest... Posted Image

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 06:43 AM

Yeah, I've been hearing the same track. I'm wondering what happened, because they sound almost nothing like the previous incarnation of the band.

Jason

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Clint B

Clint B

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 07:59 AM

Their website has streams of partial clips of three songs from their new album. Not bad...quite unlike the "cheese" that they used to put out.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 08:37 AM

Thanks Clint...I will need to look again.

The website seemed a bit challenging to navigate. When I selected Discography and Albums, I was not seeing any links on the track listing...probably a browser issue on my end.

EDIT: Found 'em. I was missing the little player controls at the bottom of the page that lets you choose the three tracks.

When I heard the track on XM, and and hit the button on my car radio to show the artist I was shocked that it was Europe.

Other than "Final Countdown" I knew zilch about the band, but I was certain it was a new song...it did not have any of the 80's hair metal vibe like so many bands of that era.

FWIW, its actually on sale at CDUniverse for about $10.....it would not be the 1st CD I bought because I thought 1 track sounded good!

Brian

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted June 18 2005 - 02:57 AM

Can I buy a vowel, Bill???Posted Image

Brian

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Grant B

Grant B

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted June 20 2005 - 11:48 AM

Hmmmmmmm Asia
Europe
America (takes care of North & South)

So when is Anartica or Oceania going to be playing at a venue nearby?
"Whatever it is, I'm against it!" G. Marx

Sony TAE/TAP/TAN(2)9000ES;DVP-CX860 DVP-CX777ES
Sony CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355 CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355
Sony S-TS 700ES XPR32450Pioneer Elite CLD 79 KEFs (5) Q75s & 20B Subwoofer

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Clint B

Clint B

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted June 20 2005 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
So when is Anartica or Oceania going to be playing at a venue nearby?

I can't speak for "Oceania" (too broad a geographic area), except to say that maybe "The Hobbits" will leave Middle Earth and tour, with the blessings of that famous Kiwi, Peter Jackson.

As far as "Antarctica" is concerned...I guess a group of research scientists could go there and train some penguins how to sing and play music, then put together "The Penguins" like the Backstreet Boys and all those other "boy bands" and then send them around the globe.

Yes, it's late and I need to get to bed before I descend even further into silliness or madness (take your pick).
:P)