-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Just finished some GR Research A/V-1's.............

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Eric Ha

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator

• 146 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 02:17 AM

for my parents. I must say, the sound quality is impressive. Compared to my Adire 281's, they have a cleaner, more accurate sound. Of course, the tweeter is significantly more expensive. The bass is quite nice as well. I was surprised at the amount of bass, though they can't compete with the Adire's at anything over a low-medium volume. They do not have the 281's energetic, punchy sound. This may be due to being a bookshelf speaker with one 5 1/4" driver, not a 4 ft tall tower with two 8"s!!!

They are perfect for my parents, who never push them hard at all. I placed a DIY Dayton 12" DVC sealed sub in an overhead loft area, and it compliments the bookshelves nicely. Danny, great speaker!

#2 of 4 Allen Ross

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted June 17 2005 - 01:20 PM

they don't know how good they have it, you are one good son.
Member and Founder of the "Its Never to Big or too Loud to have in a Dorm Club"
Everyone in college should have a 9 cuft Tempest in their closest!

#3 of 4 Eric Ha

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator

• 146 posts

Posted June 20 2005 - 12:15 AM

My Mom's mostly excited that they're camel colored with matching grill material! Matching her decor was the selling point. Posted Image

I never thought I'd be building my 70 something parents GR speakers and a 12" sub. They're hooked though.

#4 of 4 Danny Richie

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted June 21 2005 - 04:31 AM

Thanks Eric,

If you like the cleaner more accurate sound and want the energetic punch as well, then you'll have to look to some of our larger models. Posted Image

I bet your parents are pleased. Nice job.