What's new

Target giving out free GameCube preview discs (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Picked one up at Target tonight when I picked up SHREK. The rude electronics counter lady had no idea if it was for free or not. So I just went to a check out, had a clerk scan it, and nothing came up. Free.
Once at home, I realized that it was really the small, GameCube discs (3 1/2"?). My iMac doesn't accept these, or if it does, it would probably get stuck. So no go.
If anyone gets one of these, could you post and let me know what's on the disc? I'm getting excited about the GameCube. I'm not going to argue the merits of any system here. I think it's all about the software anyway. While many games will go cross platform, I believe Nintendo has the greatest pedigree and library of 1st and 2nd party software (RARE, anyone?).
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I got one in the mail with a certain magazine (which I am actually ashamed to receive).
The disc has some videos and screenshots from all the launch games, and then some. Nice, but the XG3 video is too jaggie and the quality of the videos is more than questionable. Other than that, it has some specs about the GCN and some other basic info.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Peter,
DO NOT STICK THAT DISC IN YOUR iMAC!!!! I cant tell you how many iMac CDROM units I have had to replace because someone stuck a mini cd into one.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thanks Kelley...I guessed something not fun would happen, so I steered clear of the drive. I'm always pretty leery of sticking things into where they don't belong.
Makes me wonder why I stick with Apple sometimes. No DVD-ROM access on most dvd's (i.e., Shrek, TPM, etc.) and now this. Why the hell doesn't Apple wise up or why don't the studios allow access? Pisses me off to no end.
Now I may just have to buy the GameCube, sight unseen.
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Kelly,
Are you busting iMacs just to bust on Apple, or is it a slot-loading drive issue, which by the way should be a PC issue as well.
Mike

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
if you have a buddy with a pc, and a burner that has the small slot for the small discs then have em burn it on a regular sized cd...
------------------
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
My DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks