• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted February 18 2006 - 01:56 AM

Has anyone at Paramount had anything to say re. Dynasty yet?

#42 of 109 David Lambert

David Lambert

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,377 posts

Posted February 18 2006 - 02:38 AM

Hey, Ben. That's a negative. Paramount's pretty passive with the press these days, as the people who used to talk to the media about that sort of long-distance project have been replaced with people who, well, just don't.

Since the rights don't convert to Par until next November, and since that's when the studio would BEGIN the entire production process, and won't have it ready to street until at least 2007, then I don't expect Paramount to say anything about the releases until, oh, about 1-to-3 months before ship date.

That's about the size of it. How much has the studio officially said about Twin Peaks since they got rights to it in 2004? Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. Okay, well, they may have mentioned it in passing somewhere. But casually. There have been a LOT of reports on the subject, but all from people that do not speak for Paramount. Right now it's looking like we won't see Par's releases of Twin Peaks start until Nov. 2006 at the earliest, so if that timeframe holds then by the time they say something about the release they would have been silent on the subject for about 2 years after aquisition of the property. Use that as your guideline. Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#43 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted April 12 2006 - 10:50 PM

While people are waiting to hear about more Dynasty on DVD, there's a reunion special currently being filmed at Filoli, the old Carrington mansion in the series. The following cast members are definitely participating - John Forsythe, Linda Evans, Joan Collins, Pamela Sue Martin, Al Corley, Gordon Thomson and Catherine Oxenberg.

The special is due to be transmitted sometime in May. Hopefully it might make it as an extra on a future release of season 2.

#44 of 109 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted April 13 2006 - 06:17 AM

Ben-- I believe the airdate has now been set. It's Tuesday May 2nd on CBS. Only 3 weeks!

#45 of 109 David Rain

David Rain

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted April 13 2006 - 08:05 AM

Pamela Sue Martin will be replaced halfway through the special by Emma Samms. LOL. Ok, don't quote me on that.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#46 of 109 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted April 17 2006 - 10:25 AM

any date for us folks in the UK ?
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#47 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted May 09 2006 - 11:16 PM

I gather that the reunion special was a ratings flop. No idea on whether this may have an impact on a future DVD release of Dynasty.

#48 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted November 23 2006 - 06:32 PM

Here's some encouraging news:

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=6636

So more Dynasty is on Paramount's radar for 2007!

Here's hoping they bring out the remaining eight seasons a la MacGyver i.e. every three months - and The Colbys too.

#49 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted November 23 2006 - 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rain
Pamela Sue Martin will be replaced halfway through the special by Emma Samms. LOL. Ok, don't quote me on that.

Best moment of the reunion? Pamela Sue Martin asking Catherine Oxenberg: "So you played my sister on the show, right?" "Right." "Well, nice to meet you!"

#50 of 109 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted February 12 2007 - 10:59 AM

Well, another day, another rumor! Hopefully this one is true:

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=6915

...Sounds like a very strong rumor; I remain optimistic...!

#51 of 109 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted February 13 2007 - 07:45 AM

let's hope so
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#52 of 109 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted March 20 2007 - 10:48 AM

FINALLY!

Season Two will be released June 19th, 2007!

#53 of 109 AlanP

AlanP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted March 20 2007 - 10:59 PM

I would rather see "THE COLBYS" released. I wonder if they will release the series in conjunction with "DYNASTY" when it gets to the series moving JEFF, and FALLON to LA. In syndication the series makes no sense. They disappear for two seasons, then return. Hopefully they will release both series at the time when they split story lines.

#54 of 109 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 04:21 AM

IMHO the second season was the best, with Joan Collins' Alexis being let loose in Denver- and who can forget that crazy cliffhanger with Cecil having a coronary after sex with you-know-who, accompanied by pizza with champagne!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#55 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted March 21 2007 - 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanP
I would rather see "THE COLBYS" released. I wonder if they will release the series in conjunction with "DYNASTY" when it gets to the series moving JEFF, and FALLON to LA. In syndication the series makes no sense. They disappear for two seasons, then return. Hopefully they will release both series at the time when they split story lines.

Hopefully Paramount will see the logic in releasing The Colbys if the Dynasty sets sell well enough, although as you say, you basically can't release seasons 6-9 of Dynasty without also releasing The Colbys since there was considerable storyline overlap between the two shows.

#56 of 109 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted March 24 2007 - 05:10 AM

I wouldn't expect anything like that. Studios don't really think about things the same way as fans. I seem to recally Buffy season 4 and Angel season 1 being released several months apart despite a lot of crossover episodes that originally aired.

My guess is that if Dynasty sells really well they'll probably get The Colby's out right away. But if seasons 2-9 sell moderately well they will put Colby's out after... almost like "Dynasty seasons 10 and 11!" in their minds. They tend to not do any kind of research in regards to things like this, and you can't expect studio executives to have that kind of insider knowledge about all of their products.

It would be really neat if they released the Colbys in conjunction with their respective seasons of Dynasty, but I expect them to do them after, if at all.

#57 of 109 David Rain

David Rain

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted March 24 2007 - 10:15 AM

I don't expect to see The Colbys at all. It's not a priority for me anyway because I felt it was a poor carbon copy of Dynasty, which had already jumped the shark by then. I think Stephanie Beacham and an under-used Barbara Stanwyck were the only real highlights of the show. I never had any use for "Faux Fallon" or those oh-so-pretty (and oh-so-untalented) kids on the show.

Give me Alexis any day, any time.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#58 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted March 26 2007 - 05:58 AM

Well, The Colbys deserves a DVD release purely for its time capsule qualities. If Dynasty was intended to be glossier, sharper and wilder than Dallas, then The Colbys' sole raison d'etre was to be bigger, bolder and brasher than its big sister. The infamous UFO kidnap of Fallon was simultaneously the absolute pinnacle and nadir of the 1980's supersoap genre.

In fact, the two seasons of The Colbys are far more entertaining than the corresponding seasons of Dynasty, which were languishing in post-Moldavian massacre shark-jumping fallout.

And I always found Stephanie Beacham's Sable infinitely preferable to Joan Collins' Alexis - smoother, sexier, more contained, more credible yet just as effective.

So I hope that since the rights to most Aaron Spelling properties are now held by Paramount, they can be persuaded to release The Colbys - only two seasons - if the Dynasty sets sell well enough.

I'm of the opinion that just about everything that can be released (clearances permitting) will be released on DVD eventually. So here's a definite vote for The Colbys on DVD.

And of course... all of Dynasty, Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest and Flamingo Road.

#59 of 109 Ben King

Ben King

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted March 26 2007 - 08:25 AM

Does anyone have any contact details for Paramount? I can't seem to find any information on the official site.

#60 of 109 AlanP

AlanP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted March 26 2007 - 12:44 PM

At least they were smart enough to import STEPHANIE BEACHAM and TRACY SCOGGINS over to "DYNASTY" for the last season. They should have brought more of the cast to "DYNASTY" to beef up the storylines. Once, the "COLBYS" debut, "DYNASTY" went into decline. It never recovered. The storylines in "DYNASTY" went from the sublime to the ridiculous. They should have never split the "COLBY'S" the character's should have been integrated into "DYNASTY". It might have ran much longer with a bigger storyline, and made it 90 minutes. Oh well hindsight is always better. To me once SABLE arrived on the scene, she put ALEXIS to shame !!!!!!!!! SABLE WAS AMAZING, the best vixen to ever grace a SOAP OPERA!!!!!!! THe biggest disappointment was she was not included in the "DYNASTY" conclusion and she was an integral part of the final storyline. What a shame............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow