Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Title: Batman Begins

Tagline: Evil fears the knight.

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Rutger Hauer, Ken Watanabe, Mark Boone Junior, Linus Roache, Morgan Freeman, Larry Holden, Gerard Murphy, Colin McFarlane, Sara Stewart, Gus Lewis, Richard Brake, Rade Šerbedžija, Emma Lockhart, Christine Adams, Catherine Porter, John Nolan, Karen David, Jonathan D. Ellis, Tamer Hassan, Ronan Leahy, Vincent Wong, Tom Wu, Mark Chiu, Turbo Kong, Sai-Kit Yung, Chike Chan, Tenzin Clive Ball, Tenzin Gyurme, Jamie Hayden, David Murray, John Kazek, Darragh Kelly, Patrick Nolan, Joseph Rye, Kwaku Ankomah, Jo Martin, Charles Edwards, Lucy Russell, Timothy Deenihan, David Bedella, Flavia Masetto, Emily Steven-Daly, Martin McDougall, Noah Lee Margetts, Joe Hanley, Karl Shiels, Roger Griffiths, Stephen Walters, Richard Laing, Matt Miller, Risteard Cooper, Shane Rimmer, Jeremy Theobald, Alexandra Bastedo, Soo Hee Ding, Conn Horgan, Phill Curr, Jack Gleeson, John Judd, Sarah Wateridge, Charlie Kranz, Terry McMahon, Cedric Young, Tim Booth, Tom Nolan, Leon Delroy Williams, Roger Yuan, Joe Sargent, Mel Taylor, Ilyssa Fradin, Andrew Pleavin, Jeff Christian, John Burke, Earlene Bentley, Alex Moggridge, Jay Buozzi, Jordan Shaw, Omar Mostafa, Patrick Pond, Poppy Tierney, Rory Campbell, Fabio Cardascia, Spencer Wilding, Mark Rhino Smith, Khan Bonfils, Dave Legeno, Ruben Halse, Rodney Ryan, Dominic Burgess, Nadia Cameron-Blakey, Mark Straker, T.J. Ramini, Kieran Hurley, Emmanuel Idowu, Jeff Tanner, Jon Foo, Joey Ansah

Release: 2005-06-10

Runtime: 140

Plot: Driven by tragedy, billionaire Bruce Wayne dedicates his life to uncovering and defeating the corruption that plagues his home, Gotham City. Unable to work within the system, he instead creates a new identity, a symbol of fear for the criminal underworld - The Batman.

Up to 85% at RottenTomatoes.com. Looks like this is going to finally be the Batman film a lot of us were waiting for.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's sort of a "phew" though. The only other one who needs to come back is Michael Caine, now, cast wise. I doubt they wouldn't bring Nolan back unless he doesn't want to come back (in which case it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to phone it in anyway)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I love that they have such a stellar cast for the film, but I am worried about continuity for secondary characters such as Falcone and Fox.

Seeing it Wednesday night - going to be a long 60 hours....

EDIT: By "continuity," I just meant having the same actors play the roles in any sequels. Wasn't sure if that was clear in my original text.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
if the sequel didn't bring back Freeman and Oldman, i would get the impression they were skating on goodwill from the first film, and not really interested in maintaining that films integrity.
both have fairly substantial relationships (of sorts) with this Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit

You mean, like what happened to Harvey Dent? I was kind of bummed when Tommy Lee Jones showed up for the role in Batman Forever. Although kind of dull in Batman, It would have been interesting to see what Billy Dee Williams would do with the role...

8^B

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

Yes, and, well, what they did with the title character. :) But, yes, I was thinking more about the roles of Gordon, Fox, and Falcone. I know that Oldman is signed for a sequel, and I suppose they could easily replace Fox's character with an underling with a minimum of fuss.

But Wilkerson's a great actor, and from the clip on Yahoo, brings a weight to the role I'd like to see reprised. Same for Freeman. I understand that there are many, many factors that can impact an actor's willingness and availability, but I am hoping for as much continuity as possible.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

If that's true, I don't think I'll be alive to see such a movie with the rate at which they are produced :D.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Four stars from Ebert.

I haven't read the review, but it's obviously a glowing one.

I'm not really anti-spoiler in regards to this film, but as I haven't kept up with any of the plot details thus far (only caught the trailer before ROTS), I figure I can hold out a little while longer until it comes out.

Evan

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I skipped around in the review to remain spoiler free as well. Here's Ebert's last comment:

Can't wait til 6:50 tomorrow. I think I am anticipating this more than I was Revenge of the Sith.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I can't say I'm waiting for it MORE. But I am more excited about it. SW always draws a Pavlovian response from me. An urge, even if I didn't like the last one.

Batman Begins actually reminds me of my feelings about TTT and ROTK. Patient and excited.

I was considering a midnight movie...I'm not certain. If not, I'll see it tomorrow afternoon. Either way, I am VERY excited.

Take care,
Chuck

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Man, I know NOTHING about this movie (thanks to the ROTS build-up) and I am just now able to get excited about it. The early reviews look good; I have no doubt I will enjoy this one quite a bit.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Have my tickets: 7:30 PM Eastern time tomorrow. Like Chuck, I considered the midnight showing, but I've missed a lot of sleep lately, so decided instead to see it a "normal" hour.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I used to be a spoiler hound for Batman films, but ROTS took all of my spoiler enthusiasm this time around. So I'm actually going to see a Batman film without knowing every detail, and that's a great feeling. I have my tickets for 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait!

Brad M

Second Unit
I got to see it last night at the IMAX here in Tulsa. A few random comments: First off, bring on the sequel. I love how it was set up. Liam Neeson was outstanding in his role. Caine, Freeman and Bale also did a very good job. Some of the action seemed to be too zoomed in. You'll love Bruce Wayne. The costume was great. The audience stood and cheered when the movie was over. This was a good test since a local comic book store passed out the tickets. The fans enjoyed it. By the way, the IMAX version is widescreen. It's still big but not reframed. So there are my random thoughts. I look forward to reading comments as more and more people go and see it. Bring on the DVD!!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Still debating whether to hit up the midnight showing tonight. Don't have to go into work until 3:30 tomorrow, so sleeping in isn't a problem. Main concern now is whether I'd sleep through the film. Dark theater, late at night...;)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks