Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Outer Limits (Original Series) - Why Rereleased?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
242 replies to this topic

#241 of 243 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,372 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ks
I noticed that too, about the retrograde motion of the cloud, thinking that for a fleeting moment Harold was having a subconcious pleasant thought--until the flood of negative emotions come through for good. Probably it was just an optical/SFX mistake?
Michael,

And here I was, thinking it was a neat effect! I suppose it could have been a mistake; I had never thought of that in this context before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_ks
I thought that "The Galaxy Being" was the only VHS released episode to come in that vinyl oversized flip-open case. (Pale green color with a small B&W shot of Maxwell communicating with the GB as I recall). I had that at one point along with a handful of others in the standard cardboad slip-over cases. This earlier GB issue is slightly longer, too, according to David Schow, but I can't confirm this. Hopefully it times out the same as what's on the DVD.
Yes, you've nailed it. But there are at least two others (those I mentioned). The Galaxy Being comes in the oversized, flip-open case (blue); The Hundred Days of the Dragon comes in the oversized, flip-open case (goldish brown). I have never seen any other than these three in the oversized casings.

#242 of 243 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,314 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted March 09 2009 - 02:00 AM

Anyone who saw "The Watchmen" feature film this past weekend noticed a nice little shout out to The Outer Limits (original series) where the opening control voice is played on a television in the next to final scene.

In the original graphic novel, it even name checks the episode that it "nicked" a major plot point from, naming both Robert Culp and the episode, "The Architects of Fear."

The major plot nicked? ...

To avoid nuclear war between Russia and the U.S., Dr. Manhattan is posited as a 'common enemy' who nukes major cities throughout the world. Russia and U.S. make peace over this common enemy. That was essentially the plot of "The Architects of Fear," where a group of scientists picked straws and created a alien among themselves who could pose as a common enemy to the countries of Earth, so they would unite in peace.

With some renewed publicity from a blockbuster film ($55 million opening), it would be nice if MGM prepared some HD Masters of the original series and finally released a version with the image quality properly restored.

#243 of 243 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,372 posts

Posted March 09 2009 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic
With some renewed publicity from a blockbuster film ($55 million opening), it would be nice if MGM prepared some HD Masters of the original series and finally released a version with the image quality properly restored.
Amen to that. I'd buy a couple of copies in a heartbeat.

I haven't seen The Watchmen yet, but it's kind of nice hearing that someone is throwing a nod that way. Really nice, actually.

Forum Nav Content I Follow