What's new

MGM/Warner October Horror; Midnite Movies, Val Lewton, Demon Seed and more (1 Viewer)

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
Based on ads the following is coming:

MGM:
Sept 20th
Swamp Thing (PG version)
The Species Trilogy (4 discs)
Die Monster Die / Dunwich Horror
Panic In The Year Zero / The Last Man On Earth
Tales Of Terror / Twice Told Tales
Voodoo Island / The Four Skulls Of Jonathan Drake
War-lords Of The Deep / At Earth’s Core
After Midnight
Dolls
From A Whisper to a Scream
The House Where Evil Dwells
Howling II
Lady In White
Night Visitor

Warner:
Oct 4th
Val Lewton Collection

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks for the list. I guess I'll go ahead and get that R2 THE BURNING.

Hmmm...I guess the MM line is over unless this is only a partial list.

Great to have a date for the Val Lewton but I wonder if other titles will be released in August, which is Warner's normal date for horror titles?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Where the hell is The Burning?! :angry: It was supposed to be out this year, and now its nowhere to be found. I'm sure Sony has something to do with its absence. They didn't want to release an unrated DVD or some other stupid reason.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, only a PG Swamp Thing :frowning:! I have yet to see the recalled Swamp Thing waver in prices on the secondary market. I want to get it, but not for how much it has been going for.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
looks like Warner won't be offering any sci-fi/horror product in Aug- i mean, its the second week in June already and there have been solicitations and announcements for things going into Sept already.
or is there still time?

i was really hoping to see Demon Seed this year...

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Paul, I'm not sure if any single releases from Warner have been announced for August yet. It looks like there would be some current titles. Might not be any older stuff but with 9 Lewtons, Kong, Son of Kong and Mighty Joe Young, it appears they are certainly going to deliver this year.

Back to the MM movies, it would appear several of those single titles could have been released together but I hope the line isn't over with. Rumor has it that THE HOWLING 2 is going to be a special edition. I know many will be disappointed over THE BURNING not being included since it had been rumored for years but there is the R2 version out there that is uncut. I've held off buying this for three years but it will be with me by the weekend. :)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I thought a restored FROM BEYOND was due this year. Still waiting for the R1 WITCHFINDER GENERAL (THE CONQUEROR WORM) and BURN WITCH BURN. Curious if Sony will keep MGM's "Midnight Movies" label or not. With the double bills here the ones that were pushed back from earlier this year, it looks like it (at least for the time being).

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Is FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM the Jeff Burr-directed anthology that was retitled THE OFFSPRING for theatrical release?

And I second that Damin's YAY for DOLLS.

Vincent

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

I'm 90% positive it is. THE OFFSPRING was released by indie outfit The Movie Store, their assets are part of the MGM library, and previous TMS films like BASIC TRAINING and THE PARTY ANIMAL are already out or pending.

Joe:C

Second Unit

I would assume that's still being worked on. I haven't heard anything since it was announced that they had found the cut footage.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

off the top of my head, they announced a bunch of B comedies (Hero at Large, Corvette Summer, etc) due towards the end of the month, also two jane Fonda movies on the 30th, along with at least one TV set at the begining of the month. this was several weeks back, as well.

there is probably more stuff on the schedule, but i can only remember the stuff i'm actually interested in.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Rats; just bought the Canadian Panic/Last Man disc off eBay since it was looking like Sony had killed the Midnite Movies line. At least I only overpaid by a couple bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks