-

Photo
- - - - -

Did anyone see Katie Holmes on Letterman last night?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#1 of 103 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,899 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 04:01 AM

Did anyone watch Katie Holmes on Letterman last night? It was bizarre. She Dave was needling her about Tom. And it almost felt uncomfortable. Then Dave asks If people can only she 1 movie and it was between her movie(Batman) or Tom's (War of the Worlds) what should they see. She didn't answer at first..then Dave kept pushing and she said she would say Tom's, because she has to support him. It is kinda of bizarre how close they are after only dating two months.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 103 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted June 10 2005 - 04:21 AM

She did come across as very giddy. Almost drunk.

She didn't seem all that stable for sure.

I bet she will get some heat from her publicity people for telling people to watch Tom's movie if they could only see one. That is not what she was there to plug.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#3 of 103 OFFLINE   Wendy_L

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 04:36 AM

How evil of him to do that....I love it! I would pick "War of the Worlds" over "Batman" too. Posted Image

I still find them a strange pair.
Who needs a life when you have TV?
My Current Top 10: Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Medium, Veronica Mars, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Entourage, Survivor
Top 3 All-Time Favorites: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Friends
I Still Miss: Tru Calling, Once &...

#4 of 103 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 04:37 AM

Quote:
I bet she will get some heat from her publicity people for telling people to watch Tom's movie if they could only see one.
Well, since Tom spends all his publicity time touting his supernatural powers and ripping Brooke Shields, someone has to do it. Posted Image

#5 of 103 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 04:49 AM

There was some statement from Nicole Kidman saying Publicity Stunts can backfire. I think she was talking about Tom and Katie.

#6 of 103 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,754 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 05:40 AM

Katie looked like she picked up some of Tom's mannerisms, like throwing her upper body, leading with her head, backwards into the chair to show exasperation and laughter. Then, she'd just laugh and smile widely when she didn't want answer Dave's questions with words.

Katie and Cruise have been going out for only 6 weeks, and yet, it feels like 6 months.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 103 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 06:53 AM

Perhaps she's possessed by Xenu?
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#8 of 103 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,219 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 07:02 AM

Maybe her family should go out and rent a nice white, unmarked van, roll her up in a some carpet, throw her in and get her a nice deprogramming.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#9 of 103 OFFLINE   aldamon

aldamon

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 07:09 AM

Quote:
Perhaps she's possessed by Xenu?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 of 103 OFFLINE   John Mansor

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 07:36 AM

Worst Publicity Stunt, EVER!

#11 of 103 OFFLINE   RichardK

RichardK

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 08:20 AM

Of course the whole relationship is a publicity stunt. Batman Begins with Katie Holmes and War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. Well done. They certainly couldnt put Christian Bale and Dakota Fanning together, now could they. :b
Also, the whole Brad and Angelina thing...pub stunt in its most blatant form!

-Peace

#12 of 103 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,006 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 10 2005 - 08:29 AM

I don't think it's a publicity stunt. Why even bother? Neither movie is gonna need any help. Outside of the new Star Wars movie, War of The Worlds and Batman Begins are gonna be the biggest movies of the year. It's not like the gossip readers of America are going to be suddenly swayed into seeing those movies now. "Well, I wasn't going to see Batman before but then Tom started dating Katie and I'm defintiely going to see it now."

Maybe I'd believe in a stunt relationship if it was movies that needed publicity. Like if Cedric The Entertainer started dating Nicole Kidman or somethingPosted Image

#13 of 103 OFFLINE   RichardK

RichardK

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 09:38 AM

Ok, well maybe this isn't a pub stunt, but being the conspiracy theorist that I am, I believe that most celebrity relationships are all too convenient.

#14 of 103 OFFLINE   Jason Adams

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 10:36 AM

Eh, she's playing the beard a little too enthusiastically for my tastes.

#15 of 103 OFFLINE   Doug R

Doug R

Supporting Actor

• 787 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 10:38 AM

They'll never last.. Cruise was enamored with Penelope Cruz too. To put it bluntly, celebs have too much available to them to stick with one person.

#16 of 103 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 11:17 AM

I can't believe anyone would think it's a publicity stunt. Does Tom Cruise really need help promoting his disaster movie with Steven Spielberg? Does Katie Holmes need help promoting Batman, which would be more of Christian Bale's movie? I don't think Tom and Katie are nowhere near the type of people who would use each other for something like that.

~T

#17 of 103 OFFLINE   Pete-D

Pete-D

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 04:49 PM

I think this is definitely a very calculated move on Cruise's (or his "people") part.

Sure, perhaps WoTW itself doesn't need more publicity ... but to stay on top, to stay in the limelight ... well you can't buy the kind of press you get with a relationship like this. And always, you never know what other actor or actress is going to knock you off the top of the heap, you want to stay in the public eye, and with Tom Cruise now hitting 40, I think he is pushing harder to stay on top.

It's always been that way with Hollywood. A lot of people go to the movies because they just want to see that particular movie -- *however* there is a large crowd of people that go to see the movie as much for the celebrity in the movie than what the movie is about.

Mr. And Ms. Smith for instance I doubt would have quite the same buzz as it has built because of all the tabloid gossip and what not.

#18 of 103 OFFLINE   Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 10:57 PM

This has Bennifer written all over it...can someone say TOMKAT???

#19 of 103 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,419 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted June 11 2005 - 07:44 AM

We aren't the only ones who think this...

Free Katie

Quote:
Though Katie Holmes may claim that her love for Tom Cruise is the real deal, skeptics continue to insist that the relationship is nothing but a made-for-Hollywood sham.

Quote:
Holmes has claimed that she begins to miss the Top Gun star after "like one hour" away from him.

Does anyone remember the movie 'Love Potion #9'? Posted Image
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#20 of 103 OFFLINE   Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted June 11 2005 - 11:21 AM

She is now "looking into" Scientology Posted Image
-----
Scott