Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ad-aware SE version 1.06 wierdness

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Don Peskin

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 02:53 AM

I've been using version 1.05 for sometime now. I noticed they came up with a new version 1.06 at PCWorld. I downloaded the new version and the program asked if I wanted it to delete the old version. I did and it said it was deleted and then installed the new version. Except I keep getting the old version instead of the new version. I emailed Lavasoft, who so far has not responded. Anyone know what could be wrong?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   James_S

James_S

Second Unit

• 391 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 10:46 AM

I know I had the same problem. You have to save the new version to your drive by going to either download.com or lavasofts web site. After saving it double click to install the new version, I believe it ask you do you want to delete the old version click yes, let it install and then reboot the computer. That should fix it.
Do you spend time with your family.....
Cause a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
- Marlon Brando, The Godfather 1972

Demolition ForumMy Pathetic DVD Collection

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Don Peskin

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted June 11 2005 - 02:30 AM

That's what I did the first time. The second time I deleted the old version using it's uninstall program before trying to do the download. I still got the old version. Lavasoft still has not responded to my email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users