Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV DVD's you own but haven't watched yet

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 04:44 PM

I'm afraid I'm waaaay past being able to compete in the Challenge to watch all of my TVSoDVD in a single year.

TV on DVD that I own, but still haven't found the time to watch - yet...

Dukes of Hazzard S3 - Currently working my way through disc 3.

24 S3 - I need to get/watch S2 first
The Andy Griffith Show S2
Baa Baa Black Sheep V1
Boomtown (blind buy, good price)
C.S.I. Miami S2
Green Acres S2
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew S1
Law & Order S3
The Lone Gunman (Complete series)
M*A*S*H S8
Mary Tyler Moore S1 - Partially watched, put back on the shelf for now
NewsRadio S1&2
Pretender S1
Scrubs S1
Sledge Hammer! S1
The Shield S1
The Shield S3 - (I need to get S2)
Speed Racer V2
Speed Racer V3
Star Trek S1
Star Trek S2
Star Trek S3
Star Trek: Enterprise S1

and now 8 more shows being released today 07-Jun-05

Dragnet 1967 S1
Father of the Pride S1
Home Improvement S2 - (but I still want S1 first)
Lois & Clark S1
MacGyver S2
Quincy S1&2
Rescue Me S1 - Might pick this up as a blind buy for the right price.
Wonder Woman S3

Whew! What is that, like 31 boxed sets in my collection that remain unwatched? That number just continues to grow! Granted some weeks are worse for me than others, but looking at the release list there are already 30 or so more sets expected to be released by the end of the year that I'd like to pick up, and no telling how many more will be added to the release list in the upcoming months.

We won't even THINK about mentioning the Movies on DVD that are still in the wrapper on the shelf. WalMart's $5.50 bin can be just a little too tempting sometimes. Posted Image

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Kate*H

Kate*H

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 07:28 PM

What I do is if I really get into a show (currently Alias) I go out and buy all the box sets (usually from a pawn shop so as to save some money) so I don't get interrupted when I watch the show. Nothing is more obnoxious when you end one season on a cliff hanger, and you have to go out and buy the next season to see it resolved. I am a girl of little patience, so I have to have the entire series (if available) when I first start to watch the show. So while I haven't watched Alias seasons 2 & 3 (I'm in the middle of 1) I don't think it should count as "not having watched" Posted Image
As for series I have but haven't watched yet on dvd:
Mary Tyler Moore
Popular
and I think that's it.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   Duane Alford

Duane Alford

Second Unit

• 289 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 08:17 PM

I had finally got through with Greatest American Hero Season 2, now I'm on Have Gun Will Travel Season 2. Three more discs to go then I'm onto Dukes Of Hazzard Season 3. Now I have to look forward to picking up Wanted Dead or Alive, and Lois & Clark all on the same day Posted Image

I never watched Lois & Clark during it's run, but during the time when I would be awake early in the morning and it was on TNT (I think) I got hooked on watching it.

I gave up on finding My Favorite Martian Season 2 in the stores so I'm getting my copy via ebay. And since I refuse to pay Best Buy's absurd price for the original Twilight Zone Season 2, I went the same ebay route there and saved nearly $35 Posted Image

Oh man, the releases are starting to pile up on me. Posted Image

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   Antonio_G

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 12:48 AM

I haven't finish Married with Children: Season 1 and 21 Jump Street: Season 1 I'm almost done with that box set but I keep doing other things that make me from not watching it...

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 01:10 AM

haven't even cracked the shrinkwrap on -Angel S1 -Lost In Space S1 -Andy Griffith Show S1 -Star Trek OS S1 am slowly slogging thru Smallville S3 Alias S3 seems like i've had Alias S3 forever, but after the first 3 or 4 eps i began to hate it and now i have very little enthusiasm in pursuing the season (or anymore seasons really) and yet, i'm torn between wasting the money i paid for it if i should sell it, and possibly missing out on a turnaround in opinion on it, or whats more likely- trying to get my money out of it and just coming away rueing all the hours of my life i wasted on it. i have just about as much antipathy for Smallville, but in very limited doses (one or two episode every couple of months) i think i can make it thru the season, then sell it off with some satisfaction. Dallas S1&2 is another set that i can see is going to take me a while to get thru. i like the material, but for some reason, its not as compelling this time around. Buck Rogers is going to take a while as well (i've only finished the first disc), but in this case i still greatly enjoy the show, and don't feel any need to take it at more than a very laid back pace.

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 01:27 AM

Things like that concern me. I couldn't find MFM Season 2 locally either. I ordered it online the day after it was released. I don't want to think we won't see Season 3 because of 'Poor Sales' when it is a case of not being available for purchase off the shelf.

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Wendy_L

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 01:37 AM

I have left to watch:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7
Friends: Season 1 & 2

But I don't own that much either.

I have to say, you all impress the heck out of me. Most of my friends are totally amazed at how much TV I watch but I have nothing on any of you.

I've said this before, I really need to start cooresponding with a few of you because it would be nice to get to know people who understood my obsession with TV and to be able to chat with someone about my favorite shows. Anyone need a new penpal? Posted Image
Who needs a life when you have TV?
My Current Top 10: Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Medium, Veronica Mars, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Entourage, Survivor
Top 3 All-Time Favorites: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Friends
I Still Miss: Tru Calling, Once &...

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   Antonio_G

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 01:40 AM

Wendy_L I'll be your new penpal becuase I understand your obession because I have the same thing with tv and tv box sets...

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   Wendy_L

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 01:59 AM

Oh, I forgot one. Sex and the City Season 6. (Antonio, I sent you a PM)
Who needs a life when you have TV?
My Current Top 10: Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Medium, Veronica Mars, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Entourage, Survivor
Top 3 All-Time Favorites: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Friends
I Still Miss: Tru Calling, Once &...

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   Antonio_G

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 02:00 AM

ok, I'll look out for it...

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   MikeRR

MikeRR

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 03:22 AM

Let's see, I still have to watch: Seinfeld S4 Scrubs S1 The Shield S2 Freaks and Geeks Fortunately, I get out of school in a few days, so I'll get a chance to catch up on these.
"...can't buy what I want because it's PEACE..."

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   Brian+P

Brian+P

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 03:22 AM

Have had The Ben Stiller Show for over a year and have yet to watch it.

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Matt_Vaudrin

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 05:27 AM

I've opened all my sets and have watched at least one ep on each one, but these are the sets I have yet to finish. ER season 1(had that one since it came out) seinfeld seasons 1-4, mostly just the commentaries and extra stuff. Newsradio seasons 1-2 Scrubs season 1 The mole season 1 Big brother 4, best of. Everybody Loves Raymond, commentary tracks from seasons 1-3. A few Friends commentary tracks, from season 8 and 9 Survivor all-stars commentary tracks, last 3 disks I think that's all.

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 06:21 AM

The complete Monty Python - wife bought me for Christmas year before last; may be on third or fourth disc by now. Black Scorpion - about halfway through. The Critic - about halfway. Fawlty Towers - have yet to start. Just started second disc of Wonder Woman Season 2; no doubt will be picking up season 3 this week.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   Johnny S

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator

• 146 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 09:49 AM

Buffy The Vampire Slayer- Season 1 (on disc 2) Everybody Loves Raymond- Season 3 (on disc 3) Futurama- Volume 2 (haven't started) THATS IT!!! But soon i will get Buffy Seasons 2-7 which will take a while to get through.
Favourite Series: Friends, Angel, The Simpsons, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother, The King Of Queens, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Will & Grace and Brothers & Sisters.

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   John_Shilpetski

John_Shilpetski

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 11:33 AM

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 3 That's it. Am I the only one that watches everything they buy as soon as they get home?

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 12:38 PM

John, when it comes to TV on DVD, I now watch 'em as I get 'em...same with DVDs too unless it's something I find for like $5 that I want. The only TV set I have now that is unwatched is the X-Files Mythology: Abduction set that I just got home with.
Kyle McKnight

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,544 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 02:11 PM

I like to stock up on season sets, too, so once I get into it, I don't have to be interrupted before continuing right into the next one if I want to. (Of course, this means I'm buying multiple seasons without a single episode having been viewed in many cases.) I have the following waiting to be watched. (These are shows I've never seen before; I have other favorites I've purchased and not had time to re-view on DVD): Queer as Folk Season 4 Sopranos Season 1 - 3 Sex and the City Seasons 4 - 6 Pt. 1 The Shield S1 Carnivale Nip/Tuck Deadwood Dead Zone S 1 - 2 Arrested Development The Wire S1 Six Feet Under S 1 - 2 Band of Brothers Coupling S 2-3 Cracker S1 - 3 Prime Suspect S1 - 6 Entourage Firefly Law & Order: CI S1 The Newsroom Office S1 - 2 OZ S4 Playmakers Touching Evil Sets 1 and 2 Wire in the Blood - 3 DVDs

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 02:31 PM

Elizabeth: Carnivale was my sole reason for subscribing to HBO. Absolutely brilliant. You'll love it. If it weren't so damned expensive, season 1 would be sitting on my shelf, too.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,544 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 03:05 PM

Peter,

I'm looking forward to it. (Of course, I've rather drowned myself in things to watch -- we're not even including the movies!) Posted Image

I certainly hope that despite the cancellation, Season 2 will be released. My impression is that the story is quite complex, so I hope it's not too frustrating where it ended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users