Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Check out my (almost) finished GR A/V-3's!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeBi

MikeBi

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 03:25 PM

This is my first attempt at DIY speakers and I'm pretty darn pleased with how they turned out! What I've built is a set of standard A/V-3's using the cabinet design from GR. I added the top and bottom plates onto them to mimic Onix Rockets but other than that it's stock.

I calculated that I have about $600 invested in total including all the upgrades GR has except the blackhole 5 damping material which would have been another $100 or so. I haven't really sat down to listen to them yet as I was too busy jumping for joy that my crossover actually works (I can't solder to save my life) Posted Image

Take a look at mikebillings.com (sorry, had to put spaces in because I can't post links yet) and let me know what you think.

Many thanks to all the people who have ever posted in these forums - I used pretty much every bit of advice doing this project!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   John Wes

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator

• 202 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 12:22 AM

Nice job!!!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeSRC

MikeSRC

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 04:34 AM

Very nice job. Posted Image

You'll enjoy them even more once you listen to them for awhile. Posted Image
I just finished a pair of the A/V-1RS surrounds to go with my A/V-3 front and center speakers, but haven't had much chance to check them out yet.
Enjoy!

Mike
SurfRemoteControl.com
SurfAudioVideo.com

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   PaulDF

PaulDF

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 04:10 PM

Another one in the club!

Looks good Mike. I just got my A/V3s and A/V3S center back into my room after a long job of painting. I just need to find a place to post some pics!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Allen Ross

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted June 08 2005 - 02:04 PM

if they are small enough in size (under 200K apiece) email all you want to me and i will host them for you
Member and Founder of the "Its Never to Big or too Loud to have in a Dorm Club"
Everyone in college should have a 9 cuft Tempest in their closest!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 02:10 AM

Here's a link to Mike's pics for those who are too lazy to cut & paste (like me). Posted Image

Nice job, Mike. Posted Image