What's new

Check out my (almost) finished GR A/V-3's! (1 Viewer)

MikeBi

Auditioning
This is my first attempt at DIY speakers and I'm pretty darn pleased with how they turned out! What I've built is a set of standard A/V-3's using the cabinet design from GR. I added the top and bottom plates onto them to mimic Onix Rockets but other than that it's stock.

I calculated that I have about $600 invested in total including all the upgrades GR has except the blackhole 5 damping material which would have been another $100 or so. I haven't really sat down to listen to them yet as I was too busy jumping for joy that my crossover actually works (I can't solder to save my life) :)

Take a look at mikebillings.com (sorry, had to put spaces in because I can't post links yet) and let me know what you think.

Many thanks to all the people who have ever posted in these forums - I used pretty much every bit of advice doing this project!

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Very nice job. :emoji_thumbsup:

You'll enjoy them even more once you listen to them for awhile. :)
I just finished a pair of the A/V-1RS surrounds to go with my A/V-3 front and center speakers, but haven't had much chance to check them out yet.

PaulDF

Second Unit
Another one in the club!

Looks good Mike. I just got my A/V3s and A/V3S center back into my room after a long job of painting. I just need to find a place to post some pics!

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
if they are small enough in size (under 200K apiece) email all you want to me and i will host them for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks