What's new

Edit DVD+RW on PC that was created by Set-top recorder? (1 Viewer)

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
Is this possible? I bought a cheapie dvd recorder (the Cyberhome one for $99) and I recorded a show on it with all the commercials intact and I want to know if there is a way on my PC (which also has a dvd+RW drive in it) to edit out the commercial (or at the very least hide the commercials?)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Your disc has been finalized and no changes can be made unless you erase it and start over. Copy everything to your PC's hard drive. Use a video editing package to remove the commecials. Burn it to a DVD-R for permanent storage.

-Robert

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Then I don't know. If your PC's DVD software can read and finalize it, that's great. Most software is expecting a completed disc.

-Robert

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator

It's an RW, so you can erase the disk and write again.

You are going to need to copy the show onto your PC.
Then, as Robert pointed out, you are going to need to "use a video editing package to remove the commecials".
And then you can burn it back to the original disk if you'd like.

This isn't a simple procedure. It will take a fair amount of time, especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art computer. You might want to go to videohelp.com to learn more about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks