Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jean Michel Jarre "Live in China" DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted June 04 2005 - 04:12 AM

I posted the following on a UK Forum & thought some of you fellow music / dvd lovers might be interested (?)
I couldn't see any US etailers carrying this DVD so it might be released at a later date than Europe or you may have to import it (?) ...

My copy of the above DVD arrived this morning & I have to say how impressive it is!
A DVD of the main concert in The Forbidden City within Beijing - this DVD also has some extra concert footage from Tian'anmen Square - both concerts are in 5.1 & DTS and according to the box feature the first concert DVD to get THX Certification - the audio is excellent and very LOUD compared to my other concert DVDS & the quality still appears to be top notch as you'd expect from Jarre (& the fact that its got the THX seal of approval)
The bits of the show I have watched are like a live version of "Aero" with a Chinese flavour (some added Chinese orchestra & solo instruments) and IMHO it works really well - looking forward to really cranking this one up when the opportunity arises :biggrin:
The main DVD has a commentary track with Jarre (haven't checked this out yet)
Next there is a 2nd DVD with a couple of documentaries - the main one is about Jarre's trip to China and is over 50mins - it is in French but has English & a few other subtitles
Finally there is a CD of the concert music
Did I mention its in a really nicely made double digipak ?(although the CD is just tucked in a flap)
From what I've seen & heard so far well worth checking out Posted Image
Paul
"half a bee philosophically must ipso facto half not bee …"