-

Photo
- - - - -

Jean Michel Jarre "Live in China" DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted June 04 2005 - 04:12 AM

I posted the following on a UK Forum & thought some of you fellow music / dvd lovers might be interested (?)
I couldn't see any US etailers carrying this DVD so it might be released at a later date than Europe or you may have to import it (?) ...

My copy of the above DVD arrived this morning & I have to say how impressive it is!
A DVD of the main concert in The Forbidden City within Beijing - this DVD also has some extra concert footage from Tian'anmen Square - both concerts are in 5.1 & DTS and according to the box feature the first concert DVD to get THX Certification - the audio is excellent and very LOUD compared to my other concert DVDS & the quality still appears to be top notch as you'd expect from Jarre (& the fact that its got the THX seal of approval)
The bits of the show I have watched are like a live version of "Aero" with a Chinese flavour (some added Chinese orchestra & solo instruments) and IMHO it works really well - looking forward to really cranking this one up when the opportunity arises :biggrin:
The main DVD has a commentary track with Jarre (haven't checked this out yet)
Next there is a 2nd DVD with a couple of documentaries - the main one is about Jarre's trip to China and is over 50mins - it is in French but has English & a few other subtitles
Finally there is a CD of the concert music
Did I mention its in a really nicely made double digipak ?(although the CD is just tucked in a flap)
From what I've seen & heard so far well worth checking out Posted Image
Paul
"half a bee philosophically must ipso facto half not bee …"