What's new

Hit Me Baby One More Time (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It looks like this will be my replacement for The Apprentice.

Performing tonight: Flock of Seagulls, Arrested Development, CeCe Peniston, Loverboy, and Tiffany.

~T

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll be tuning in for the nostalgia factor. Grew up listening to this stuff on the radio in my youth.

RickGr

Second Unit
Gad, now I remember why I hated so much 80's music. I could not take any more. Tuned out after Loverboy's second number.

Maybe if was in HD and 5.1 I would stick with it.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
That was frightening.

A cautionary tale for the food-after-fame sect. Sounded like lots of recorded backing tracks and fake guitar strumming going on to me. Too bad some of the vocals were not recorded. This cannot last past one more show.

I guess it is not a good day when this show calls you - it means you are in the "where are they now" bin (along with "Listen to the Flower People" by the Thamesmen ;-)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I still find it funny how Weird Al outlasted longer than most of the people he parodied, a couple on the show tonight even. Personally I was singing "I Think I'm a Clone Now" during Tiffany's performance. :D

I'll watch next week to see Vanilla Ice. That should be a hoot.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It wasn't that good, but it was nice to see again that old man in Arrested Development.

~T

MikeM

Screenwriter
What a f'n train wreck.

The irony is that the show looked like it had a budget and production values from a show MADE in the 80's.

God awful.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I admit, I was pretty entertained. At least during the parts when I wasn't cringing :) I enjoyed the meta of Tiffany covering a former reality show winner's song and seeing Arrested Development again. Would love to see them on Arrested Development! Yeah, I'll probably be DVRing it next week...if only to see what has become of Vanilla Ice Ice Baby...

Neil White

Supporting Actor
The show reminded me of a funny story from a few years back. I was at a July 4th party in Frisco, TX. The city had hired K.C. and The Sunshine Band to play. Not my kind of music but it was entertaining. Before KC was some pre-teen singer off of the Disney Channel or something so the front of the crowd had built-up with hundreds of screaming kids. When K.C. came on he took one look at them and said (in a friendly but half serious manner) "what you looking at, this is what Justin Timberlake will look like in 30 years." Once I realized K.C. did not take himself all that seriously I enjoyed the show more.

N

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I watched it to, and thought it was pretty weak. They advertised the "bands", but it's only 3 dudes from Loverboy and only the lead singer from Flock of Seaguls. I was expecting it to be the whole lineup since, afterall, it had already been done on VH1's Bands Reunited.

The covers were what I thought was the best part. I thought all of the covers sounded pretty good.

Is it me, or is Tiffany pregnant? She didn't look very good, and where the weight was, I figure it's because she's pregnant -- I would have gone out of my way to say something looking like that if I was, that's for sure.

Arrested Development sounded good. Did anyone else think it was funny that at the end of the show, they played Tennessee AGAIN. I said to my wife, "They already played that." to which she replied, "Hit me baby 1 more time." LOL.

Doug

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought it was generally entertaining for a summer series (i.e. wouldn't watch it during the regular season). I thought that the women were generally better than the men in retaining their performance skills. I liked how Arrested Development changed up their cover of How Far is Heaven... they definitely deserved to win.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Last night was pretty bad but amusing. I'm looking forward to seeing The Knack, Tommy Tutone and Wang Chung.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I think it's funny that Vanilla Ice is doing this after the performance he put on in season 2 of the Surreal Life. He would actually get angry when people brought up Vanilla and Ice Ice Baby because he wanted nothing to do with that and that it was all in the past.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
He did end up doing an improptu performance of that song in a club, though. I think from that show he learned to accept his past as a rapper.

~T

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

I was wondering the same thing myself. I have the April, 2002 issue of Playboy that she was in and she looked great back then.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
I had hopes for this as a decent summer replacement..... WRONG! All in all it was pretty sad. I would have to agree there was a lot of canned tracks involved. Where did they get the host? As a general rule, groups that reunite without the founding members of the band tend to suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks