What's new

Six Feet Under Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick reminder that the final (how sad does that make you?) season starts next week on Monday instead of Sunday. I can't wait to see how this all wraps up.

Kevin

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
HBO is doing something different this summer. In the 9pm Sunday night time slot, they're doing new episodes of Entourage and The Comeback (Lisa Kudrow's new comedy). On Monday at 9pm, they'll have a new episode of Six Feet Under, with rebroadcasts of Entourage and Comeback at 10pm. Then, the following Sunday, they'll rebroadcast 6FU at 10pm after new episodes of Entourage and Comeback.

I suspect this scheduling has something to do with HBO's desire to give the primary slot to shows that may have a future, as opposed to a show that is ending (and that already has a loyal fanbase).

M.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I'm watching Season 3 on DVD now (I became a fan thru the DVD releases) but I finally have HBO so I'm gonna record all of Season 5 so I can watch it as soon as I get done watching Season 4, which is rumored to be coming out this summer. Yay!!!

So far Season 3 is pretty good.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes, I couldn't believe it, Season 3 just came out, and now Season 4 follows in just a couple months.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
So, How did everyone like it, very intense.

(POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!)

I see it this way, my predictions for this season:

Some point in the season Billy WILL freak out and it may not be good!

The returning dead wife theme could be something to look into too?

Carlos and his wife will get back together...

The over the edge husband will be tuff for Ruth!

What else? ;)Just a few of my guesses...

todd stone

Screenwriter
The Seagull was most likely symbolism of Lisa I suspect. Especially with Nates look.

I am so sad this show is ending. I love the cast and the writing so much.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if HBO is experimenting with the time slots for their drama series. I know that The Wire didn't do as well last year because of the competition with Desperate Housewives.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pretty good season premier. I was trying to figure out how much time had elapsed between seasons...I'm figuring about 4-6 months? Brenda alluded to succeeding in getting pregnant on the 4th try (in her conversation with Lisa), and I figure whe was less than 2 months along. Was there a more obvious clue that I missed?

I think Billy is the best character on this show, although something about the Claire/Billy relationship really creeps me out.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Man...I watched last night without having seen ANY shows since the season finale last year.

It is so well acted, so full of character complexities...and, so danged depressing. It's tough to watch these people - they are all so tortured! But, I love watching anyhow.

I won't even try to make any predictions for the season. I'm just going to kick back and revel in it.

I really just hope Nate finds some peace.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I feel it is kinda disrespectful for HBO to move it to Monday nights. Sundays have always been the "cream de la cream" for HBO, moving SFU to Monday's is like Fox trying putting their sitcoms like Bernie Mac out to pasture on Monday night. SFU is so much more an "anchor night" show than Entourage. It's the last season, at least give it some respect during the last year.

Why is it that HBO has continued to negotiate more seasons out of Sopranos after they said it was ending (originally season 5 was gonna be it, HBO begged a season 6, now before 6 even begins they're in negotiations for a season 7), why not Six Feet Under? it hasn't been on all that long, and unlike Sex And The City, it's not like the characters are now in a place where we can say goodbye to them. Come on, you've gotten 2 more seasons out of Sopranos, couldn't you have gotten just one more out of Six Feet?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's not an apt comparison, because Fox doesn't rerun their shows multiple times throughout the week. 6FU is still on Sunday night, just not the newest episode.

M.

todd stone

Screenwriter
does anyone else feel that the opening death sequence was a tad long? It felt like they were really trying to force an idea the writers came up with but it felt to long just for the death.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Ever since I heard about this, I felt it was more that HBO is trying to expand to Monday nights in addition to airing new shows on Sundays too. So I would think it was more of a vote of confidence that 6FU was the show that was leading the way for HBO Mondays:)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I think I would milk that cow for all its worth too. Not to mention the rumored Sopranos movie.

I liked the premier. I expect there to be more excitement now that we've caught up on the things that happened between the seasons.

I actually felt sorry for George and his feeble mindedness. Quite the change from how I felt about him last season. And all it took was one episode.

Glad to see the actress who plays the secretary on the US version of "The Office" get a role in such a good show (as Rico's date; the dental hygienist).

I think Rico will end up getting serious with some woman, and its going to drive his ex crazy, until they get back together.

Glad to see the show tackling surrogate issues within the gay community. Not something Ive seen done in TV before (aside from 20/20 type shows).

And what is up with the mother and her issues with Claire? Shes going nutty.

I still haven't seen ANY of the 2nd season. I have to watch it.

I completely forgot about the Monday time change, therefor, I had to watch it from the bedroom tivo (its my fail-safe) (so no HD, and no 5.1 for me :frowning: )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks