Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Entourage season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

#1 of 130 OFFLINE   SarahG

SarahG

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 04:53 AM

Ok, so it's still about 5 days away, but the premiere of Entourage season 2 is on Sunday. Who's watching? Especially since we've had to say goodbye to one of the cooler HBO shows, I'm def glad this show was brought back for a second season.

Predictions for season 2?
Fish are Friends, not Food!

#2 of 130 OFFLINE   MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 08:15 AM

This is a show you can not predict as their is not too much of a plot :-)

Wondering if it will be "post" Queens Blvd. or when they are in process of shooting it.

I am waiting on Piven's lines this year.

He is THE MAN in that role.

GREAT acting overall for a mindless type show.

Believe it or not, after Piven, I think Kevin Dilon does an outstanding job.

Looking forward to it, especialy since nothing else good on HBO now.

#3 of 130 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,342 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 01 2005 - 08:22 AM

I caught the first season a few months on On Demand and enjoyed it. So I'll be tuning in to catch the show this week.

Mickey, I think Kevin Dillon is pretty good on the show too.

#4 of 130 OFFLINE   SarahG

SarahG

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 03:10 AM

Quote:
This is a show you can not predict as their is not too much of a plot :-)
True. It's not like the plot is too in depth.

Quote:
GREAT acting overall for a mindless type show.

Yeah, this is something that I think I take for granted with the show. For the subject matter and what you would expect, the acting is pretty darn good.

Piven is perfect in his role. "Let's hug it out, bitch." I saw somewhere online the other day that bracelets have been made with "Let's hug it out, bitch" written on them. Kinda funny. I'm sure there will be more lines where that came from...

#5 of 130 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,527 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 04:17 AM

Piven is a good supporting actor. I enjoy him too and love the show, but the reason he stands out on the screen is because some of the others aren't. Dillon is pretty good. But Connelly and the guy who plays Vince are pretty bad. For the show to get better, they need to improve their skills. When I watch any scene with just the two of them (no one else to lean on, or bounce off of) I get the impression they are reading lines. This is a nit pick, as I do love the show, but they are not good actors.

#6 of 130 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 04:44 AM

Quote:
Wondering if it will be "post" Queens Blvd. or when they are in process of shooting it.

I could be wrong, but I believe it's set "post", on their return to LA from its shooting.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#7 of 130 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 05:15 AM

Quote:
Believe it or not, after Piven, I think Kevin Dilon does an outstanding job.
Saw a rerun of NYPD Blue, Raging Bulls, where Szymanski shot an undercover officer in pursuit. Kevin played the rookie beat cop who shot at the running undercovers from behind them [at Szymanski] who set the whole thing off.

#8 of 130 OFFLINE   SarahG

SarahG

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 02:45 AM

The thing about it is that I don't think any of the actors are that great on their own, but it's the way they are put together that makes the show. They are all essentially supporting one another and that works out pretty well. Looking forward to Sunday.

#9 of 130 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Second Unit

• 253 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 09:24 AM

I thought Kevin Dillion was excellent in that role. Everybody in there were good. I wish they juice up Adrien's role a little bit. right now he's just there like an ornament looking pretty. I've never met any actors. May be that's just how it is with actor's busy life style. Pretty much having everybody else doing stuff for you.

#10 of 130 OFFLINE   MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 10:17 AM

I think the general acting overall is very god. I like Donnely in his role.
I think Piven stands out, not because of lack of quality from the other's, but his OUTSTANDING ability in this role.

He has been great in several movies.

#11 of 130 OFFLINE   Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 12:31 PM

The utter lack of character arc keeps me watching this show. I expect this group to melt down and they just don't. My mind can't process a one camera show, on HBO no less, with such carefree sitcom sensibilities. So far, every episode has been a surprise for that reason.
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos

#12 of 130 OFFLINE   James St

James St

Supporting Actor

• 959 posts

Posted June 05 2005 - 01:39 PM

I liked this episode....but why did they have to bring in the Ditech guy.

#13 of 130 OFFLINE   Don_Limey

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted June 05 2005 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
but why did they have to bring in the Ditech guy

LOL Yeah, your right the Apple photographer was the Di-Tech guy, that & Shauna saying Eric's last name are the 2 new things that I noticed when I watched the episode again for the second time around. But overall it was a GREAT episode & it was a great move to add Debi Mazar as a regular, her character is great.

#14 of 130 OFFLINE   Seth--L

Seth--L

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted June 05 2005 - 05:35 PM

The utter lack of character arc keeps me watching this show. I expect this group to melt down and they just don't.

That's what I hope will happen because it would be interesting and amusing, but it never does.

The show gets no where near the bar "Larry Sanders" set for backstage Hollywood satire. The problem with the show, is that it refuses to be self-deprecating towards its characters. It wrongfully thinks that it will lose viewers if it shows its lead characters to be the vain moochers they really are. Look at Turtle, for example. As much of a loser as he is, he still comes through for the group, as he did in this past episode. The dynamic of the group, and thus the show, would be so much more compelling if he was an all-out fuck-up who couldn't do anything right. He would then truly be a member of an entourage. But since he does serve a practical function, his presence is actually legitimate. As a result, instead of satire, we get the same old bag of cliches about Hollywood. And as good of a job Piven does, he's just playing a stock character.
Well - There it is.
My Music Collection

#15 of 130 OFFLINE   Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted June 05 2005 - 06:54 PM

When I say I keep watching, I do mean "with morbid fascination."

Piven's reaction to the Neil LaBute news was hilarious, though.
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos

#16 of 130 OFFLINE   SarahG

SarahG

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 04:53 AM

Quote:
LOL Yeah, your right the Apple photographer was the Di-Tech guy, that & Shauna saying Eric's last name are the 2 new things that I noticed when I watched the episode again for the second time around. But overall it was a GREAT episode & it was a great move to add Debi Mazar as a regular, her character is great.

Ha, yeah. That was pretty funny. Cool first episode. I wasn't disappointed.

Quote:
Look at Turtle, for example. As much of a loser as he is, he still comes through for the group, as he did in this past episode. The dynamic of the group, and thus the show, would be so much more compelling if he was an all-out fuck-up who couldn't do anything right. He would then truly be a member of an entourage.

I see your point, but I think he is enough of a screw up to get by and make it funny, even if he does come through every once in a while with bagels and pizza. I actually find myself likin him more for it.

#17 of 130 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 11:55 AM

seeing turtle stick his head out the window watching was priceless
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#18 of 130 OFFLINE   SarahG

SarahG

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 08 2005 - 08:23 AM

Turtle's not too far removed from some people I know. They act just like him. Can't wait for next week.

#19 of 130 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,906 posts

Posted June 09 2005 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
Piven's reaction to the Neil LaBute news was hilarious, though.
Not as hilarious as his reaction to when Eric (or was it Vincent) said, "Tom Cruise isn't hispanic."

#20 of 130 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted June 13 2005 - 02:12 AM

Glad to see Eric finally start acting the part of Manager to a big up-and-comming star. I knew his girlfriend was seeing somebody else. However, I do think she was just as hot if not hotter than that "Vince-hot" girl he banged.
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow