Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My Pet Monster/Denver the Last Dinosaur

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Joseph G.

Joseph G.

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 05:54 PM

I doubt these will ever get released on dvd. But I was just wondering how many people remember these shows?

I loved these two shows growing up. I personally would love to see the complete series released. Both would only take one release to have the whole series put out. I just can't imagine these selling to well though. But just some wishful thinking on my part.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted June 01 2005 - 01:25 AM

I remember both, but "My Pet Monster" was the one I watched most frequently as a kid. I remember Global (Canadian TV Network) aired the show every Saturday & Sunday afternoon. There was also a TV-movie which I believe came before the cartoon.

Even though I remember "Denver", I don't recall watching it much as a kid.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jordan Rebner

Jordan Rebner

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 04:37 AM

I loved "my pet monster" and i vaguely remember "denver the last dinosaur" (actually all i remember of it is the awesome theme some).

I recently met one of the artists involved in "my pet monster", it got me really thinking about some of the cartoons i loved as a kid. teddy ruxpin comes to mind.

We need more cartoons from my childhood on DVD !!!
I'm a little teapot short and stout

My DVDs

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   GeoffBr

GeoffBr

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 08:50 AM

I loved My Pet Monster too, and I can still hum the Denver theme song. It's been so long that I'm not sure if I'm even making this up any more, but does anyone remember a live action movie based on MPM? I haven't even been able to track down information on it, much less find anything on dvd...

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 09:43 AM

I've seen the My Pet Monster movie. I remember renting it from a video store when I was a kid. X-entertainment has a pretty good review of it
here. I watched Denver the Last Dinosaur too.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
I remember both, but "My Pet Monster" was the one I watched most frequently as a kid. I remember Global (Canadian TV Network) aired the show every Saturday & Sunday afternoon. There was also a TV-movie which I believe came before the cartoon.

Even though I remember "Denver", I don't recall watching it much as a kid.

More or less the same boat. I just want to purchase all my childhood tv shows and I'll be happy Posted Image

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 06:42 PM

There's a couple of "Denver" DVDs available in the UK, or Amazon.co.uk, etc.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 09:25 AM

I'd love to see both on DVD. I've got more of a craving for My Pet Monster though since I haven't seen that since I was a kid and I can still rent Denver from my video store. I wonder if Nelvana owns My Pet Monster?