-

Photo
- - - - -

Any word on CLONE WARS Season 2 yet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Darren Gross

Darren Gross

Second Unit

• 499 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 12:30 PM

Thanks to a snafu, my DVR erased it!

Are we expecting it to hit in November with Revenge of the Sith or are there any other known plans?

Heck, even a rerun would be fine!

Thanks!

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,999 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 31 2005 - 01:49 PM

My money would be on it hitting DVD in the same time frame as Revenge.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,235 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 02:08 PM

I want it NOW! Because I wanted to avoid any potential spoilers for Sith, I let Clone Wars sit on my shelf until I saw the new flick. The cartoons were great - I want to see the second half! (Yeah, I know they're available online, but I'd rather wait for the DVD...)
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Jordan Rebner

Jordan Rebner

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 03:42 AM

Season 2 is actually on DVD already - it's part of volume 1, so i imagine you mean season 3 or volume 2. I haven't seen season 3 yet, living in canada it was a little harder to come by - heck even the website only offered downloads to US residents (boy did that make me angry).

I would expect Volume 2 in november with RotS, or whenever season 4 starts (i can't believe they are changing the art style).

Quote:
Because I wanted to avoid any potential spoilers for Sith, I let Clone Wars sit on my shelf until I saw the new flick

I don't know if i completely understand that one myself, I really just consider clone wars to be episode 2.5. It would be like not watching ESB before RotJ because of the spoilers. Just my opinion, but you're more than welcome to yours.
I'm a little teapot short and stout

My DVDs

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 04:13 AM

I hear the new Clone Wars cartoon will 30 mins episodes and are not a direct continuation but I could be wrong on that. I would expect Volume 2 either when ROTS comes out on DVD (can't wait for november) or shortly before.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,235 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 04:30 AM

Quote:
I don't know if i completely understand that one myself, I really just consider clone wars to be episode 2.5. It would be like not watching ESB before RotJ because of the spoilers. Just my opinion, but you're more than welcome to yours.

Too late now! I don't claim this to be rational, but I REALLY wanted to go into all of the Star Wars films with as little information as possible. Re-read my post: I refused to watch the damned TRAILER, for God's sake!

I didn't know whether the Clone Wars shorts would offer spoilers or not - now I know they didn't, but if I avoided watching them or reading about them, how would I know that in advance?
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 04:40 AM

Colin the main thing about the last season of Clone Wars is that the opening crawl for Episode III is the cartoon.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 08:21 AM

All of the contents of the first DVD are considered "season one". While Cartoon Network originally aired them in two chunks months apart, (Nov and Feb sweeps, IRRC), they were both within the same season.
-Jay

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   TedT

TedT

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 10:25 AM

Quote:
(i can't believe they are changing the art style).

This true?!??! That's just about the best news I've heard all week! I can't stand that art "style"!

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,146 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 01 2005 - 11:38 AM

the first dvd contains what was season 1 and 2 when origionally aired.
that is now called vol 1.
vol 2 was the most recent set of ep.
there is a total of 25 seperate eps.
this aired the in one 3 hr block the first sat night after sith opened.

it's a perfect lead in to sith.
and will explain why grievous was having trouble breathing during sith.

it would have been an excellent movie just on it's own, if it could have been done.

as someone else said the end of the cartoon goes directy into the beginning of rots.
facebook.com/whotony

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,846 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted June 01 2005 - 01:12 PM

The new Clone Wars will be 30 minute episodes and using 3D art. I haven't been too enthralled with earlier attempts at rendered cartoons, but maybe Lucasfilm will put a budget behind it to make it right. Actually, I've considered GI Joe: Spy Troops to be what I don't like, but I just rewatched the trailer (all I've seen of it) and it doesn't look terrible. There are some bad 3D cartoons, but I can't think of them right now.

Take Spy Troops and make it a little less plasticky, and Clone Wars might actually be very nice.

Forum Nav Content I Follow