What's new

Is there any better HT setup for same price (1 Viewer)

KevinSch

Auditioning
I have an Onkyo TXsr501 receiver and I'm thinking of getting some Infinity Primus 250 towers, an Infinity Primus c25 center, and some Infinity Primus 150 bookshelfs on the rear. I just wanted to know if there is anything better I could get for the same cost which is $550 at Circuit City not including tax. I aslo already have a JBL PB10 subwoofer to go with it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For $550, sounds like a pretty decent deal. That's with the free 150s right? Most stuff you are going to find at the same price as that deal are going to sound about the same, IMO.

VinhT

Second Unit
The Infinity Primus line currently seems to represent the best mass-market speakers. I would say that you cannot do better at that price. The measured performance as documented by Stereophile (150, 360) is excellent.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
You might listen to the Athenas BestBuy is clearing out. On the BestBuy website there is a coupon for an additional 30% off clearance audio stuff.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I think that would be an excellent choice, and honestly, and the moment I agree that the Primus line is the BEST bang for your buck around right now. In fact, I'd say the speakers are worth twice the price you pay for them, if not more.

That said I would take the 160 bookshelves over the same priced 250 towers any day of the week. the 6.5" drivers make a big difference in clarity of the low end, even though they speaker themselves rated about the same for frequency response.

KevinSch

Auditioning
Thanks for the help. I went and got em yesterday and I agree, I couldn't have got anything better for the price. These things rock but you do need a quality sub to fill in the lows which fortunately I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks