-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Samurai Jack season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 04:09 AM

Has anyone picked this set up yet? I went to get it and could not find it here in town. I am going online to purchase this set right now. I cant wait to see it. How are the features this time around? This is still one of my favorite shows on cartoon network.
Gendy is a mad genius with this and the Star Wars series.
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#2 of 10 Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 08:55 AM

I pre-ordered my copy at Suncoast and it was there on release day but there were no copies on the shelf. Last year, when volume 1 came out, they sold out in the first day. I think shops have been under-estimating the demand for this title.

I haven't watched it yet so I can't tell you what extras are included.

I eagerly await Mr. Tartakovsky's ASTRO BOY feature film!!!

#3 of 10 Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 07:30 PM

YES! I found it in town today and didnt have to go online and wait for it. I am now sitting down to watch it. Doesnt look like theres much in the special features section though. Thats too bad, I would like to see the magic behind the show, more interviews with cast and creator also.

#4 of 10 Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted May 28 2005 - 02:38 AM

The special features arent bad for what is there. There is a 21 minute little feature about the life of Genndy that is narrated by Mako that is really good I thought.

I had no idea this set was hitting til I saw a contest on the bits for it. I had to run out and snatch this up, as it has my favorite episode ever. Episode XVII, Jack vs the Super Robots. That is the damn coolest one ever, especially the final part with the samurai robot and Jack's robot arm breaks. "Unbelieveable!"

But does anyone know when a certain episod aired? It was Jack going through a graveyard, then all these zombies start popping up, then after cutting through most of them Aku appears and they fight for the rest of the show. It ends with Aku getting a hold of Jack's sword and trying to kill him with it.
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#5 of 10 Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted May 29 2005 - 06:58 AM

I know what episode you are talking about but Im not sure when it aired or what is was called. I will look into it. I have a few more episode from season 3 on my PC.

The life of Gendy story was really good, I hope they do some more stuff like that on the coming season sets.

#6 of 10 john mcfadden

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted May 29 2005 - 06:46 PM

Does Samurai Jack even air new episodes anymore ? My son watches Cartoon Network pretty much all the time , and its either ed edd and eddy or Billy and Mandy or Kids next door or some animae crap ( Please dont take offence i just dont like animae, and they run as much animae now as they used to run Scooby doo back in the day.....too much !!! ) Me personally , I want season sets of Courage the cowardly dog ...I miss that show.

I'll pick up this set too , when i have a lull in my DVD buying Posted Image

#7 of 10 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted May 30 2005 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
But does anyone know when a certain episode aired? It was Jack going through a graveyard, then all these zombies start popping up, then after cutting through most of them Aku appears and they fight for the rest of the show.

Sean,

That's episode XXX (Jack and the Zombies) and originally aired on Oct 25, 2002. '02... has it really been that long??

This is one of my favorite episodes from the series. The fight choreography was just fantastic and the color tones were perfect.

Rumor is that we'll see the next season on DVD sometime near the end of the year. I don't have a lot of faith in that but I'm hopeful.

Chris S.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#8 of 10 Johnny S

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator

• 146 posts

Posted May 30 2005 - 08:05 AM

this set is definetly one i will pick up!
Favourite Series: Friends, Angel, The Simpsons, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother, The King Of Queens, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Will & Grace and Brothers & Sisters.

#9 of 10 Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted May 30 2005 - 05:57 PM

2002!??? WOW! I didnt know the show was that old. WOWZERS!

But if it is episode XXX, then it is not that far off then. That was one of the cooler ones. But it will never top XVII
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#10 of 10 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 12:48 AM

I know. I was surprised by the date too. It must have been marked wrong. That epsiode can't be that old.... can it??
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!