What's new

Directors the OMG george kaplan & brook agree tourney (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Brook and I always seem to be disagreeing about film (although we both have others at HTF whom we clearly disagree with even more), but even with two people like Brook and myself with such divergent taste, who have completely oppostite opinions of many films (e.g., Taxi Driver and Young Frankenstein), there's a surprising number of films that we actually agree on. The following is a tournament of films that Brook and I both agree are great films, deserving a :emoji_thumbsup:. I believe that's a fair assessment, though if it's too strong for any of these films, I'm sure Brook will let us know in no uncertain terms. :)

Up first,

Psycho vs. Aguirre: The Wrath of God

Arman

Screenwriter
Psycho
[OMG, with Psycho it's already better than TIME's Schickel and Corliss great movie list :) - can't wait on George and Jim's great films that are really trash tourney :D]

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Is there a difference between letting someone know something in "no uncertain terms" and simply letting someone know something in "certain terms"? :D

Am I supposed to vote?

Aguirre, The Wrath Of God (very close, these are both top 20 films)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Been there, done that - sort of. About 4 or 5 years ago I started a poll or tournament or something about Great films you hated or Great films that sucked or some such thing, it was a blast. :D

I guess we can go ahead and vote even though this wasn't officially authorized? ;)

Psycho

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Psycho

Actually, there are many, many films that both Jim and I would agree on (we both love Hammer films, for instance)...but I'm pretty sure we would like them for completely different reasons. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks