-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Tentative dates for future Paramount DVD releases including The Longest Yard remake

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Don_Limey

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 10:05 PM

From thedigitalbits.com

We've gotten some new information from our industry sources on street dates for some big upcoming Paramount titles - both new and classic Special Collector's Editions.

The Tommy Boy: Holy Schnike Special Collector's Edition is tentatively set for 8/3.

Adam Sandler and Burt Reynolds' new The Longest Yard remake is expected on 9/20.

The Warriors: Special Collector's Edition will arrive on 10/4.

Mike Epps and Cedric the Entertainer's soon-to-open version of the The Honeymooners is tentatively expected on 10/18.

We've been told to look for the new 2-disc and 4-disc versions of the Titanic: Special Collector's Edition on 10/18 as well (you can read more about these DVDs here, from our coverage of the announcement event with director James Cameron back in early March).

The War of the Worlds: Special Collector's Edition will arrive on 11/1.

A pair of new-to-DVD Diana Ross films, Lady Sings the Blues and Mahogany, will arrive on 11/8.

Finally, 11/15 will see the release of an Airplane: Don't Call Me Shirley Special Collector's Edition.

Remember, all these street dates are to be considered tentative until officially announced by the studio (and they could still shift around a little between now and then).

By the way, we've learned that Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill: Special Editions, which had very tentatively been planned for release in August, have been delayed until later in the year.

Stay tuned!

#2 of 9 David Levy

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 03:36 AM

Don't Call Me Surely Edition? I mean - what the fuck are these guys smoking?

#3 of 9 Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 05:00 AM

DAVIS DVD reports that the short lived (44 Eps) TV Series of WAR OF THE WORLDS will be released also. Is the 11/1 date for the remake and the original?

Hopefully POLICE SQUAD will be released at the same time as AIRPLANE!.

#4 of 9 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 09:55 AM

Quote:
"Lady Sings the Blues" - will arrive on 11/8
It is about TIME!!!! Posted Image Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#5 of 9 Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 05:57 PM

Wow!! Thought Paramount would never release "Lady Sings The Blues" and it is about time! Posted Image Hopefully, a Special Edition with commentary and extras.

#6 of 9 DanR

DanR

Supporting Actor

• 676 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 03:47 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a Braveheart SE and also SE's of the Mission Impossible films this year?

Regards,
Dan

#7 of 9 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,869 posts

Posted May 28 2005 - 11:09 AM

Is the 11/1 date for the remake and the original?

Same question for me on War of the Worlds as well.

#8 of 9 Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted May 28 2005 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
Wasn't there supposed to be a Braveheart SE and also SE's of the Mission Impossible films this year?

And what about those SEs of Face/Off and Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

#9 of 9 Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 11:58 AM

I think I got my wish! http://www.dvdempire.com has just snuck in the upcoming release of "Lady Sings The Blues" as a Special Edition...including a commentary by Berry Gordy and Sidney J. Furie, deleted scenes, with both Dolby Digital 5.1 and Mono sound!

BTW, the DVD cover is beautiful! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow