Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Tentative dates for future Paramount DVD releases including The Longest Yard remake

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Don_Limey

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted May 25 2005 - 10:05 PM

From thedigitalbits.com We've gotten some new information from our industry sources on street dates for some big upcoming Paramount titles - both new and classic Special Collector's Editions. The Tommy Boy: Holy Schnike Special Collector's Edition is tentatively set for 8/3. Adam Sandler and Burt Reynolds' new The Longest Yard remake is expected on 9/20. The Warriors: Special Collector's Edition will arrive on 10/4. Mike Epps and Cedric the Entertainer's soon-to-open version of the The Honeymooners is tentatively expected on 10/18. We've been told to look for the new 2-disc and 4-disc versions of the Titanic: Special Collector's Edition on 10/18 as well (you can read more about these DVDs here, from our coverage of the announcement event with director James Cameron back in early March). The War of the Worlds: Special Collector's Edition will arrive on 11/1. A pair of new-to-DVD Diana Ross films, Lady Sings the Blues and Mahogany, will arrive on 11/8. Finally, 11/15 will see the release of an Airplane: Don't Call Me Shirley Special Collector's Edition. Remember, all these street dates are to be considered tentative until officially announced by the studio (and they could still shift around a little between now and then). By the way, we've learned that Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill: Special Editions, which had very tentatively been planned for release in August, have been delayed until later in the year. Stay tuned!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   David Levy

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 03:36 AM

Don't Call Me Surely Edition? I mean - what the fuck are these guys smoking?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 05:00 AM

DAVIS DVD reports that the short lived (44 Eps) TV Series of WAR OF THE WORLDS will be released also. Is the 11/1 date for the remake and the original? Hopefully POLICE SQUAD will be released at the same time as AIRPLANE!.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 09:55 AM

It is about TIME!!!! Posted Image Posted Image

Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted May 26 2005 - 05:57 PM

Wow!! Thought Paramount would never release "Lady Sings The Blues" and it is about time! Posted Image Hopefully, a Special Edition with commentary and extras.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

Supporting Actor

• 676 posts

Posted May 27 2005 - 03:47 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a Braveheart SE and also SE's of the Mission Impossible films this year? Regards, Dan

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,383 posts

Posted May 28 2005 - 11:09 AM

Same question for me on War of the Worlds as well.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted May 28 2005 - 09:24 PM

And what about those SEs of Face/Off and Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 11:58 AM

I think I got my wish! http://www.dvdempire.com has just snuck in the upcoming release of "Lady Sings The Blues" as a Special Edition...including a commentary by Berry Gordy and Sidney J. Furie, deleted scenes, with both Dolby Digital 5.1 and Mono sound!

BTW, the DVD cover is beautiful! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users