What's new

PSP UMD Movie List (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Here is a quick and dirty list of UMD movies that I hand-generated after searching a few online stores.

4/19/2005 XXX, Resident Evil Apocalypse, Hellboy, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, House of Flying Daggers, Kill Bill Vol 1, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man 2
5/3 Reign of Fire, Hero, National Treasure
5/24 Are We There Yet?, Charlies Angels
5/31 Hollow Man, Boogeyman
6/7 Terminator 2, Van Wilder, Punisher, Saw, Open Water
6/14 Spider-Man: Animated Series, Daddy Day Care, Hitch, Bad Boys, Grudge
6/21 King Arthur DC, Hostage, Cursed UR, Tron
6/28 Air Force One, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Resident Evil, Starship Troopers, 7 Seconds, Short Circuit, Dreamscape, Endless Summer, Super Speedway
7/5 Napoleon Dynamite, I Robot, Predator, Super Troopers, Dodgeball, Appleseed
7/12 Black Hawk Down, Anacondas, You Got Served
7/19 Kill Bill 2, Armageddon, Gone in 60 Seconds DC, From Dusk Til Dawn, Man of the House, Oldboy
7/26 XXX State of the Union, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Not Another Teen Movie UR, Final Fantasy Spirits Within, Cowboy Bebop The Movie, Assault on Precinct 13 (2005), Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), Chronicles of Riddick UR, Dawn of the Dead UR, Fast and the Furious, Rundown, Van Helsing, Steamboy DC
8/2 Guess Who, Ghostbusters, SWAT
8/9 Kung Fu Hustle, Team America World Police, Coach Carter, Without a Paddle, Replacement Killers
8/16 League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Coyote Ugly DC, Sin City, The Rock, Shaolin Soccer, Big Hit, Richard Pryor Live on Sunset Strip
8/23 Layer Cake, Snatch, Time Bandits, Total Recall, Young Guns, Cabin Fever, House of 1000 Corpses, House of the Dead, Evil Dead, Halloween, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Blood: The Last Vampire
8/30 Sahara, Friday Night Lights, Bourne Identity, Italian Job, American Pie UR
9/6 Toy Story, Crash
9/13 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Pulp Fiction, Akira, Beauty Shop, Be Cool
9/20 The Longest Yard, American Pie 2 UR, Mr Deeds, Big Daddy, Pitch Black UR, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
9/27 Robots, Lords of Dogtown, Amityville Horror (2005), Barbershop, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, The One (Jet Li), Basketcase
10/4 Elf, Blade, Butterfly Effect, Secondhand Lions, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Freddy Vs Jason, Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider Cradle of Life, Star Trek Nemesis,Warriors DC, Never Die Alone, Ong Bak Thai Warrior
10/11 Unleashed, High Tension, American Wedding, Kingdom of Heaven, Escaflowne Movie, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
10/18 Land of the Dead UR, Shaun of the Dead, Mask of Zorro, First Blood, Stargate DC, Universal Soldier
10/25 The Crow, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Rattle and Hum, Spongebob Squarepants Movie, Bewitched, Hackers, Heavy Metal, Species, Terminator, Kalifornia, Batman The Movie (1966)
11/1 Kiss of the Dragon, Office Space, Fifth Element, Mad Max, Ronin, 28 Days Later
11/8 Devil's Rejects, Christmas with the Kranks, Jumanji, Ah! My Goddess The Movie
11/15 Incredibles, Stealth, 8 Mile, Series of Unfortunate Events, Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Bourne Supremacy, Happy Gilmore, Clerks, Carilto's Way Rise to Power
11/22 Big Trouble in Little China, Chain Reaction, Hellraiser, Children of the Corn, Dawn of the Dead (1978)
11/29 Mr & Mrs Smith, Herbie Fully Loaded, Sky High, Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo, Joe Dirt, White Chicks UR
12/06 Fantastic Four, Dukes of Hazzard, Transporter, Perfect Blue
12/13 Bad News Bears (2005), Godzilla, Godzilla: Final Wars, Death Race 2000, Rock N Roll High School
12/20 Four Brothers, Brothers Grimm, Exorcism of Emily Rose, Serenity, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Batman Begins, House of Wax, Terminator 3, Constantine, Matrix, Robocop, Enter the Dragon, Animal House, Billy Madison, Cheaper By the Dozen, Like Mike, Sandlot/Sandlot 2
12/26 Into the Blue, Dark Water, American Pie Band Camp UR

1/3/2006 The Cave, Wedding Crashers, The Doors (1991), Godsend, Made, The Gospel, Elektra, Garfield the Movie, Aliens Vs Predator, Behind Enemy Lines, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle UR, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, Austin Powers, Friday, Dumb & Dumber UR, Evil Dead 2, Day of the Dead, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Far-Away Dawn
1/10 The Island, Red Eye, Hustle & Flow, Transporter 2, Stuart Little 2 Pack, Underworld, Sakura Wars the Movie
1/17 Lord of War
1/24 Fog UR (2005), Flight Plan, Escape From New York, Scarface, Initial D Movie
1/31 Pink Panther (1964), Legend of Zorro
2/7 Doom UR Alien, Speed, There's Something About Mary, Waiting..., Training Day, Batman
2/14 Zathura, Saw II, Mirrormask, Swordfish, Romeo Must Die
2/21 Domino, Rent, Swingers, Rounders, Boat Trip, Final Descent, King of New York, Stuart Little 3
3/7 Harry Potter Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone, Jarhead, Boyz N the Hood, Metropolis, The Hills Have Eyes, Near Dark, Toxic Avenger
3/14 Ice Age, American Psycho UR
3/28 Memoirs of a Geisha, Planet of the Apes
4/4 Heat, Scooby Doo the Movie, Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe, Dude Where's My Car?, Girl Next Door UR, Shallow Hal, 50 First Dates
4/11 Fun with Dick and Jane, Onmyoji
4/18 Hostel UR
4/25 Stripes DC, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
5/2 Bad Boys 2, Jerry Maguire, Men In Black
5/9 Grandma's Boy, X-Men, X2: X-Men United
5/16 When a Stranger Calls, Crimson Tide UR
5/23 Boondock Saints UR, Donnie Darko
6/6 Glory Road, Underworld Evolution, Desperado, Date Movie, Matrix Reloaded, True Romance
6/13 Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Anger Management, Pink Panther (2006), Princess Bride
6/20 Eight Below
6/27 Ultraviolet, Independence Day
7/4 Hoosiers, Baby Boy, Cruel Intentions, Tomcats
7/11 Road House
7/25 Benchwarmers
8/8 To Live And Die In L.A., Man on Fire
8/15 RV, Leon: The Professional
8/22 Silent Hill
9/13 Pulp Fiction
10/3 X-Men 3, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
10/10 Click
10/24 Monster House
11/7 Little Man
11/21 Ice Age 2

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Paramount also announced their support with Coach Carter, Team America, Chappelle Show, Viva La Bam, Spongebob: the Movie, Ren and Stimpy, Sahara and Without a Paddle.

Whew, thanks for the list! Looks like we have a great selection to choose from this summer.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I added new 8/16 titles from Buena Vista to my first post: Sin City, Coyote Ugly Unrated Director's Cut, and The Rock, along with some new titles for 8/9: Kung Fu Hustle, Team America World Police, Coach Carter, Without a Paddle, Replacement Killers

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

No date as of yet, and the working title for this Paramount release is Chappelle's Show: Volume 1 Uncensored.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Updated first post with Lion's Gate releases for 8/23 and Universal releases for 8/30.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Very nice work! Man, the UMD support is pretty crazy...now if only Warner would get off their mini-DVD format and support UMD...

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Added these new releases and a few anime movies to the first post:
9/20 Robots, The Longest Yard
10/11 Unleashed

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Small updates to the list: Tomb Raider movies and Star Trek Nemesis from Paramount, American Pie movies from Universal, and a few others from Fox and Columbia.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
since WB are the only ones not going UMD, will Charlie & Choc Factory and Batman Begins push them to release UMD's??

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Updated my first post. Some of the interesting announcements in the past week: Spongebob Squarepants Movie 10/25, Office Space 11/1, Mr & Mrs Smith 11/29

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I noticed that you have "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" listed in November. Earlier today I was at Wal-Mart and they had a sticker/price tag for it (along with other new releases including "Coach Carter" and "Team America"), however, the corresponding space on the shelf was empty.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Holy Grail was announced for 7/26, but I hadn't noticed the date change until I read the posting here a couple days ago, so I updated it to the new date that I found online. I haven't done any cross-checking to see if there are other movies that were postponed, I can try to double check the dates. BTW, Time Bandits is still due out 8/23.

The list I'm keeping does not include the TV on UMD releases that are starting to get announced like Ren & Stimpy, Spongebob, Family Guy, Chappelle, He-Man and the many anime TV releases, and no music releases are listed. I've also been selective on the Image announcements since there are many B-grade movies that are being released by them.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
A new studio has joined the UMD fold: New Line. Announced for 10/4 from New Line are Elf, Blade, Butterfly Effect, Secondhand Lions, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003). A bunch of other announcements from other studios too, including Land of the Dead for 10/18, Bewitched for 10/25, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events for 11/15.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Quick question -- are all UMD movies cropped to fill the screen, because they don't want black bars on such a small screen?

PerryD

Supporting Actor

I'm trying to decide whether I can find this information on the internet and add this detail to my release list. Currently, it looks as it Universal is pretty reliable as far as not cropping, Buena Vista has a few OAR, Columbia is cropping most of their titles, and I'm not sure about Fox and Image.

But to answer your question, I'd guess roughly half of the 2.35 wide movies are cropped for the UMD release. I'll be curious to see how the TV-on-UMD release are displayed.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm generally not a UMD buyer, but Office Space? I'm so there; that's a film I like to take on vacation. In fact, I ripped it to my memory stick for my trip to europe last spring...

High 'geek appeal' movies like this should definitely be on UMD.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Wow! Finally Fifth Element. I thought that was going to be one of the first UMD's announced.

But I wonder what the aspect ratio will be on the UMD

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

DDD has it (tentatively) listed as an anamorphic 1.78::1 ratio.

BTW, does anyone have a preferred retailer/e-tailer for buying UMDs? DVD Pacific seems to have the lowest online prices (based on my searches for Appleseed and Oldboy UMDs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks