What's new

Have an advance copy of Moonlighting DVD Seasons 1&2 (1 Viewer)

DianaM

Agent
And it looks simply fantastic! This is a must have in any DVD library.
Not only is there commentary from Glenn Gordon Caron and Cybill Shepherd for the episode "Every Daughter's Father is a Virgin,' but commentary from Bruce Willis and director Will Mackenzie for "My Fair David" (it's time to Limbo Jimbo!)

Yours truly was also interviewed in the featurette, The Moonlighting Phenomenon, as well as other staff members of the online publication Moonlighting Strangers. We were honored to be asked to participate. Hope you guys enjoy our comments. :emoji_thumbsup: :)

We will also be posting a very special issue on May 31st to celebrate the release.

Sean R.

Auditioning
Not one to beg, but I BEG everyone with even a "passing" interest in this groundbreaking series to PLEASE pick up a copy of Moonlighting next week! Show support for what is essentially a fan-driven release so that Lion's Gate will be encouraged to release the remaining 3 seasons!!!

And thanks, Diana, for all your efforts!!

Now, how 'bout that reunion?! ;)

DianaM

Agent
Thanks Sean.

We are working on the Reunion and even though Cybill wants to do it, it's really up to Bruce and Glenn Caron.

Maybe the huge DVD sales will get them thinking about it.

;)

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I've got my copy pre-ordered already and am anxiously awaiting it. This was the one show my mother and I could agree on so I have fond memories of skipping homework and watching David and Maddie. I had Bruce & Cybill magazine covers plastering my walls....ah those were the days before I had real responsibilities....

Miss Randi

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
No need to beg, I've had this on preorder for months. :)

Cool to see that Caron now teams up with Cybill on the commentary, because on the pilot released by Anchor Bay he teamed up with Bruce. I'm assuming Lions Gate didn't obtain the rights to that and I have to keep my Anchor Bay disc, right?

Also, I'm really happy that it's already been confirmed beforehand that all the original music will be intact, and since Caron was apparently very vocal about this I'm also assuming Lions Gate doesn't pull another ALF and we'll have the full episodes on this one.

Can't wait!!

Chris

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Given the fact that Lions Gate paid a lot of money to get this show, I don't think they'll leave anyone hanging. Unlike big studios, the independants pay money to license their shows so they want to bring money back to the company.

Gord

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Is that a story reunion or one where they get the people involved together to talk about the show in retrospect?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Received an email from DDD saying mine shipped yesterday, so I should have it soon. Looking forward to it; IMO, its the first "big" TV on DVD release of the year.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
The Moonlighting set was actually advertised as available (and on sale) in Circuit City's flyer last weekend. I was at CC last night and they did indeed have it on the shelf - a week before the official street date. I didn't try to buy it, but someone in the Coupons and Bargains forum did. The salesperson wouldn't let him have it.

So, if you're feeling lucky, head down to your local CC and see if you can get your hands on it early. Personally, I'm going to wait until Tuesday and see what the other retailers have it priced at.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Oh man, I can't wait. Moonlighting practically defined my high school years... in fact, I even got to play David in a skit once. :D

I stopped in to an out of town CC to pickup their add for price matching at BB and they had it on the shelf. I was surprised and excited thinking I had the wrong date on my release calendar. I rushed back to my home town BB who said it was not released until next week. So I went across the street to a different CC where it was on the shelf. I went to the counter and it was not listed in the computer so they couldn't ring it up. grrr!

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to get a hold of the set here in the uk and i'm astounded at the fact that lionsgate have seen the sense to pay for the rights to all the music featured on the show.It just goes to show that some studios do see the important part that music plays,although i don't think that any studio that picked it up had much of a choice as Glen Gordon Caron said he didn't want the show released on dvd if any of the music was changed.I can't even imagine the kind of money that had to be paid for all the songs and i can only hope that sales of season 1+2 are high enough for lionsgate to continue with the rest of the series.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
With only 65 episodes in 4 years, it shouldn't be too hard for you fans to complete your collections of Moonlighting.

I was watching a 2nd season of a contemporary series, Sledge Hammer! and they got in a joke by one character about how upset she was that Moonlighting was "another rerun" tonight. I think Moonlighting probably had more reruns and pre-emptions in between new episodes airing than any other series before it or since.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

A fact which even the show itself poked fun at, particularly with some of Bruce and Cybill's opening bits.

I've had my set on pre-order since it was first made available at amazon. Can't wait to dive in in a couple of days! :)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Please tell me Lion's Gate didn't put out this DVD set without either English subtitles or Closed Captions. I've been wanting this set forever, but can't use it without subs or CC's.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
And according to the tvshowsondvd.com review, some episodes may be the syndicated versions! Please somebody tell me this is just a mistake and those episodes were that short to begin with! Please, somebody tell me Lions Gate have not f&%$ed up again! I refuse to believe they actually paid to have the episodes restored and then still use syndicated prints. Unfortunately, I also wouldn't put it past them given their TV on DVD history.

The most suspicious episodes are "The Murder's in the Mail" which clocks in at 42:52, "Twas the Episode Before Christmas" running 40:59 and "Every Daughter's Father is a Virgin" (43:50).

Here's a quote from the review:

Chris

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I am planning on getting this set but when I hear the word "cut" or "syndicated"....it makes it a hard decision. Can anyone out there confirm or deny the "cut" issue with any of the eps from this set?

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
This is Lion's Gate, after what they have done to Alf and Will & Grace, I didn't really expect these episodes all to be uncut.

I still think it is a bargin at 25 episodes for $30 though with all the extras they have on this.

Paul

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I have to admit that the possible use of syndication prints has sort of convinced me not to get this set -- I was on the fence about it (I like the show but it's a bit too cutesy for me), and TVShowsonDVD's review sort of pushed me into the "no" camp. Under normal circumstances I might assume that uncut versions of some episodes just weren't available, but Lion's Gate doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks