Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Don't know where this cable goes...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff*K

Jeff*K

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 22 2005 - 05:18 AM

Hi, I have the Monster PowerCenter HTS1000 and have realized that I am getting mediocre quality in my gaming as it is very dark and dim and the graphics are scrappy on MVP Baseball 2005. So I thought that might have to do with the PS2 cable being plugged straight to the wall. So I was wondering where in the PowerCenter would I put my PS2 cable in? I see there are slots for Reciever, Main Amp, CD, Tape, VCR, Cable/Sat, TV/Monitor, Phone/network...

Also, I plugged in my HT cable (with a 5 disc progressive scan dvd player) to the DVD Player slot, was that the correct place?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted May 22 2005 - 10:11 AM

This sounds more like a poor video connection rather than the need for a power conditioner.

As far as I know, the labels on the power-center are for suggestion only. They are all filtered.

I would plug the PS2 power cord into CD, TAPE, VCR or the Cable/Sat as these all use the same amount of power as your PS2.

Quote:
Also, I plugged in my HT cable (with a 5 disc progressive scan dvd player) to the DVD Player slot,

You mention "HT Cable" the a DVD player and these .. dont seem to relate.

The two high-power devices in your system are likely the TV and the Reciever/Amp. Everything else is a low-power device.

Does this help?

PS: Check the video cable connection between the PS2 and the television. Un-plug and re-connect both sides and see if this helps your dim video problem.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff*K

Jeff*K

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 22 2005 - 12:58 PM

Sorry maybe I should've been more clear. I mean that the 5 Disc Progressive Scan DVD Player with the built in amp that came with the HT...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted May 23 2005 - 04:47 AM

Quote:
Don't know where this cable goes...

That's what she said.......
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted May 23 2005 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
As far as I know, the labels on the power-center are for suggestion only.
i don't know if it's a bunch of hooey or not, but i was told that the filters for the audio side and video side are different.

what the difference is i don't know...

Forum Nav Content I Follow