What's new

Don't know where this cable goes... (1 Viewer)

Jeff*K

Agent
Hi, I have the Monster PowerCenter HTS1000 and have realized that I am getting mediocre quality in my gaming as it is very dark and dim and the graphics are scrappy on MVP Baseball 2005. So I thought that might have to do with the PS2 cable being plugged straight to the wall. So I was wondering where in the PowerCenter would I put my PS2 cable in? I see there are slots for Reciever, Main Amp, CD, Tape, VCR, Cable/Sat, TV/Monitor, Phone/network...

Also, I plugged in my HT cable (with a 5 disc progressive scan dvd player) to the DVD Player slot, was that the correct place?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
This sounds more like a poor video connection rather than the need for a power conditioner.

As far as I know, the labels on the power-center are for suggestion only. They are all filtered.

I would plug the PS2 power cord into CD, TAPE, VCR or the Cable/Sat as these all use the same amount of power as your PS2.

You mention "HT Cable" the a DVD player and these .. dont seem to relate.

The two high-power devices in your system are likely the TV and the Reciever/Amp. Everything else is a low-power device.

Does this help?

PS: Check the video cable connection between the PS2 and the television. Un-plug and re-connect both sides and see if this helps your dim video problem.

Jeff*K

Agent
Sorry maybe I should've been more clear. I mean that the 5 Disc Progressive Scan DVD Player with the built in amp that came with the HT...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i don't know if it's a bunch of hooey or not, but i was told that the filters for the audio side and video side are different.

what the difference is i don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks