Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Did My Printer Die?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted May 21 2005 - 12:50 PM

Hey all... Got some problems! I have a rather cheapo Epson C66 printer. I think I got it 6 or so months ago. Today I replaced my yellow ink tank because it had been low. I had the cartridge for weeks, just hadn't put it in Then I print a test page and I'm missing half my color! From what I can tell, it's not producing any blue (changed last, before the yellow, still 80% full) and the new yellow isn't producing at ALL. I have used the Nozzle head cleaning option so many times I've just about used up all my ink. Nothing I do gets the colors to print though, all i see is a light pink color and some black. Like I said, nothing is producing blue or yellow. I have no idea what to do. I'm thinking it might be new computer printer buying time. If that is the case, could someone recommend a brand? I've used epson for years, but maybe I will try something different. My only requirements are it be under $100 and have the seperate ink tanks, 4 if possible. And if any brand's replacement tanks are cheapest, I am so there!

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Bill Mc

Bill Mc

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted May 21 2005 - 04:44 PM

Canon color photo printer iP3000 $44.95 after $20.00 rebate fron Newegg. Bill

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted May 21 2005 - 04:50 PM

Ok Bill, that is just eerie. I just got back from my local Fry's with that same printer! I saw the Newegg add, but it was only $15 difference. I am an impatient sort, so I got it now. I guess my other one is dead then huh? Would still love to know what happened.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,127 posts

Posted May 21 2005 - 05:34 PM

It's best to just treat printers as disposable computing items. I have the Canon IP4000, and haven't regretted the decision these past 6 months.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Bill Mc

Bill Mc

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted May 22 2005 - 12:55 AM

Adam. Let me know how you like the printer. I should be getting mine sometime next week. Bill

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,309 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 22 2005 - 03:16 AM

Inkjet printers are the disposable cameras of the computer world. It simply isn't worth what it would cost to fix them anymore.

I had a Xerox all-in-one (scanner/printer/etc.) for about seven years, and it was long-since discontinued. The last time I needed ink for it, I couldn't find any off-brand ink cartridges. The Xerox-branded cartridges (1 color, 1 black) cost a combined $80 at my local Office Depot. That same day they had a Lexmark all-in-one on sale for $90. Gee, which would you buy? Posted Image I got my two ink cartridges with a brand-new printer/fax wrapped around them for only $10 more for the Xerox ink. (And I can get cheap ink on the internet for it.)

Regards,

Joe

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted May 22 2005 - 03:13 PM

I haven't hooked it up yet or even opened it. Aside from having company, I am hesitant to open it, I guess maybe seeing if my other one is salvagable... but from what I gather from the replies... my old printer = RIP.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor

• 908 posts

Posted May 22 2005 - 05:32 PM

So... I need to open the thing don't I? Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users