What's new

DirecTV H10 High Def Receiver Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
To those interested, the long awaited upgrade to the DTV Model H10 HD Receiver is underway. The upgrade is beamed region by region by satellite. DTV stated that they hope to complete the upgrade by May 31.

Louisp

Scottie

Auditioning
hey louis. this is really great news but if i may ask a question.. how will i know ( except for the obvious of no more black outs) will i know when i get the 'FIX'

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
The software version number will change plus those nagging problems will be corrected.

LP

Dan DRC

Stunt Coordinator
hey guys
I just set up this unit last week. Could you describe the "nagging problems" with this unit. I have not noticed anything yet.

Thanks

Scottie

Auditioning
YOU WILL GET A BLACK OUT OF THE VIDEO EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE FOR ABOUT 3-5 SECONDS.. AUDIO IS UNAFFECTED BY THIS FLAW IN THE UNITS SOFTWARE

Scottie

Auditioning
hey jeff ya better check your model numbers.. bb has this unit for 299 and you can also get it directly from directv for a rip off price of 349.. i think you are looking at the unit with dvr.. this is just a receiver...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'll be looking at DirecTV a lot more closely when their new channels go live from the satellite they launched a month or so ago that should really expand their HD choices. Will existing receivers like this have to be scrapped to get those channels?

Sam

Scottie

Auditioning
HEY BOB BB IS SHORT FOR BEST BUY AS CC IS SHORT FOR CIRCUIT CITY AND POSTEN I SURE HOPE NOT SINCE I JUST PURCHASED THIS RECEIVER MYSELF

Brandon>C

Agent
I hope it works, those backouts are driving me crazy.

On a second note, has anyone lost sound and had to reboot using the HDMI cable?

MarkN

Stunt Coordinator

That's the word on the street. Not sure if DTV is going to compensate existing customers or not.

Scottie

Auditioning
WELL HERE WE ARE AUGUST 17 AND THE UPDATE CAME DOWN LAST WEEK.. SEEMS TO ALOT BETTER NOW... NO VIDEO BLACKOUTS AND THE CALLER I.D. WORKS FINE

SummyD

Stunt Coordinator
Hello! I am interested in buying the H10 and had a concern or two. I noticed that the price has dropped (Bb/Compusa) in the past couple months from 299 to 199. Anyone know the reason for this drop? Also, I read on this forum that directv is changing the way local channels are received? I hope this receiver would still work.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks