What's new

So how many of you are in the middle of a heat wave too? (1 Viewer)

Craig

Second Unit
Been a pretty cool spring here in Atlanta. Temps at night in mid to late April were in the upper 40s on some nights and people were complaining about runnning their heaters in April.

We've had a few hot days lately, but generally it falls back into the upper 70s - low 80s. It's 68 degrees at 6:35pm EDT as I'm writing this, but it's been raining today, although the sun has been out for the last hour or so. High tomorrow is supposed to be 74, with 82 on Sun., but dropping back to the upper 70s for most of the rest of next week. Nice weather in Dixie.

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
I could do with a bit of a heatwave. Today, we topped out at 40 degrees. That's fahrenheit, people. :frowning: :frowning:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
91 here in denver I think they said, tied for the record. and me with no AC in the new house yet.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Tulsa, at 92, was two degrees from setting a record high temperature today. It's not too bad considering we've had below normal temps for the last 6 weeks and even set some records for lows. Usually the AC goes on at the beginning of April and, thankfully, I've just had to turn it on in the last week or so.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Not up in New England. We've been having a very cool wet spring. In fact, the highs tomorrow are supposed to be around 50 degrees. I could stand for a little heat!

-greg

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
Philip_G

I'm in the same boat. After today, I'm going to get some estimates for A/C.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
my place wasn't so bad. I saw it coming and got it down to 65 last night and sealed it up this morning, think it peaked at 74 in there. I'll get A/C just haven't gotten around to it yet.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
mid 90's here today, not much rain for a few weeks, all of the grass is starting to brown. :angry:

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
It's been pretty warm here too. Yesterday was 93 when the average is 80. But having lived in New Mexico most of my life, I expect a little heat now and again.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
We're supposed to get temperatures into the low 90's by early next week. About time--and just in time with me buying about US$175 in pool chemicals to keep the algae away. :eek: Alas, the automatic pool cleaner broke down and I won't get it fixed until next week. :frowning:

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
For those with dry lawns and high heat: move your wheel height to the highest or second highest setting on your mower, this will make your grass tolerate the heat better. :emoji_thumbsup:

PS-Do NOT fertilize during this heat wave unless you want dirt for a lawn ;)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Yesterday OKC had a record 97 degree high for May 20th.
It's predicted that another record will be set today.

Unfortunately this is the week we decided to stain and coat all of the woodwork in the house so we have all of the windows open. I think we'll pitch a tent outside tonight!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
James - How about that great Arkansas humidity... Lovely, isn't it? :wink: Yesterday was about 94° with 60% humidity in Little Rock. Made for a real hot and sticky day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks