What's new

I got ripped off by VOIP LINGO (1 Viewer)

Nick

Second Unit
I cancelled my service 8 days prior my billing cycle and I still have to pay extra month. She said it's in the contract that I have to do it 10 days before my billing cycle to avoid one month payment.
The service sucks... Fax machine never worked caller ID has no name and everytime I call they said they're working on it.

They can be sure that they won't get me back as a customer again in this life time.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor

Ummm, becuase they didn't live up to their contractual obligation which was to provide reliable VOIP service and they still expect him to pay.

Nick

Second Unit
I went to their site again to see if the contract like that exist. I couldn't find it anywhere.
The only thing that I'm aware of is that I have to pay cancellation fee after 30 days and I'm willing to pay for that. But one month of no service. I was also paying 5 dollars something extra because they said I didn't call and cancel the temp number when I first sign up. Once my number was ported the temp number was still there. I was never told that I have to call and cancel the temp number once my number ported sucessfully (why would I want two numbers with the same area code).
Well, Live and learn and definitely NO MORE LINGO for me.

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
The FCC just ruled a few days ago that VOIP must provide local 911 for your area and gave the providers 4 months to comply. I wonder though if it will be as good as a land line 911.

I hate how everything has a contract now.Especially for services that you don't even know if they will work before you sign like cell phones. When you sign the contract, you are assuming that you will get cell service at you home. Then there's the dish that is installed in the Winter before the oak tree fills up with leaves in the spring...

That's really slack of them to make you have to call to cancel a temp number they gave you. They do that because they know some people won't call back to cacel it.

Nick

Second Unit
I looked through their site if I can cancel it online. I couldn't find it anywhere. They have everything else exept how to cancel it (Go figure).
If you don't make long distance oversea it's just not worth it. YOu can use your cell phone in the state. My phone was on and off for almost 5 days when we had comcast outtage last month and when comcast came back on it screwed up their system (So they said). It was frustrating not being able to make a phone call when you want to.
SBC welcome me back with open arms waiving all kind of fees (they must loosing a lot of customers) but they still charging arm and leg though I just stay with basic service.
8 dollars for caller ID with name. No thanks, Just keep me in suspence I'll find out when I pick up the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks