Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Joan Of Arcadia No Chance Now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted May 18 2005 - 05:18 AM

Now that Joan Of Arcadia, has been cancelledPosted Image I wonder if this means Season 2 will not be making it to dvd. So sad, such a great show and had such a great Season 1 set. I've never been so impressed with a set.Posted Image

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,190 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 18 2005 - 05:37 AM

It'll probably depend on how well the first season sells. Get out there and buy itPosted Image

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted May 18 2005 - 06:38 AM

I think the cancellation has much less to do with a DVD release than the season one sales. Don't jump to conclusions.

-Scott

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted May 23 2005 - 06:46 PM

Please click here to go to SaveJoanOfArcadia.com!

Quote:
As most of you have probably heard, on Wednesday, May 18th, 2005, CBS announced the cancellation of its sophomore drama, 'Joan of Arcadia,' a show about a girl who talks to God. Literally.

We, the fans, however, are not going to let this show go without a fight. We will do everything in our power to bring this wonderful show--and its actors and writers, whom have touched our hearts so deeply--back on the air. Join us on our Mission/Crusade From God.

I would be so grateful if you would sign the petitions or better yet send an email to CBS & Leslie Moonves. If they get bombarded they will have to listen. I would really appreciate it. Even if it is just to say "PLEASE BRING JOAN OF ARCADIA BACK!". The more emails and letters they get the better chances we have.

I am planning on writing a letter to CBS and Les Moonves about how I feel. I am also going to write a letter and start emailing it to the 2 email addresses everyday. YES THATS RIGHT EVERYDAY! Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!
Posted Image
I'm going to print this out and send it with my letters!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted May 24 2005 - 04:56 AM

Apples and oranges. "Firefly" and "Wonderfalls" were both cancelled much faster than Joan, so there is hope.

Ok, there had better be a second season. I'm giving them until October.

Glenn

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted November 28 2005 - 01:44 AM

Has anyone heard about the second season? I would really hate to think we won't get the second season... think I will go email CBS and see if they will say anything.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Graham Greenlee

Graham Greenlee

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 06:09 PM

I had e-mailed Gord over at TVshowsonDVD.com about a month or so ago about a season two set... I don't have his exact e-mail text, but he said something to the effect that the combination of low sales and cancellation of the series might very well keep a season two release in limbo forever...

...Which sucks, because I'd give my first born to Paramount in exchange for a season two set. Posted Image

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted November 28 2005 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the info...
That really sucks! I hate seeing only getting 1 season of a 2 season series... especially Joan of Arcadia! I never got an email back from CBS... guess I should have known better and emailed Gord to start with! After all he and Dave is the know all there is to know when it comes to TVonDVD! Posted Image

Well... I don't know about giving my first born... already to attached to her:p) but could be pursuaded to add my second born to that offer!Posted Image LOL... oh well... maybe we will still get lucky and see it released some day.