Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 - SciFi US broadcast thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1701 replies to this topic

#21 of 1702 OFFLINE   Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 03:21 AM

What Jason said. Great episode!

I particularly liked:
Tigh slapping Boomer across the face on the side with her bullet wound. Ouch. Don't piss that guy off.

Tigh's flashbacks from when he and Adama had '70s-looking hairstyles. Nod to the original series?

The theme music was the same as in the original British airing of season one on SkyOne.

"That bitch stole my ride."

The whole scene on Kobol going back to get the second med kit. Very tense.

#22 of 1702 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 04:10 AM

Out of the new Friday Sci-Fi lineup, BG is tops....

#23 of 1702 OFFLINE   Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 05:10 AM

The best thing about it was, it was as good, if not better than Season 1.

No Season 2 'problems' that plague other series.

I did not care for the new intro though.

#24 of 1702 OFFLINE   David Forbes

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 05:30 AM

I miss the precap, but I heard it's gone for good. A shame. But man, what a great show! The Cylon raiders coming out of the Basestar was actually scary!

Question: What exactly was Tighe about to burn in the flashback when he was interrupted by the two soldiers who told him Major Adama had gotten him reinstated as a captain?
David Forbes

Read excerpts from book three in my fantasy series at www.davidforbes.net.

#25 of 1702 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 05:54 AM

Great episode. Intense and very satisfying.

I think Tighe Was going to burn himself up wasnt he. He looked like he had reached the end.

#26 of 1702 OFFLINE   David Forbes

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 06:18 AM

I thought maybe that was it, but then he said later in the ep that Adama should never have reinstated him so he could have died back on Caprica with everyone else, which made me think it wasn't a suicide attempt.
David Forbes

#27 of 1702 OFFLINE   DwightK

DwightK

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 06:48 AM

It was all his medals, wings, and such on a sash.

Great episode! Too bad BG was snubbed for the emmy's.

#28 of 1702 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,037 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 06:49 AM

The first episode of season two was very good. If the rest of the season can match this episode season two is going to be great.

By the way, I mentioned in the NBC HD broadcast thread that I didn't like the use of the UK opening theme as much as the old US theme but it's growing on me.

I do have a question for the UK viewers. If you happened to see the US broadcast of the first episode of season two, is the new opening sequence they used last night the same one they used in the UK last year?

Also not sad to see the precap go as it often gave away too much information about the episode.
Quote:
Question: What exactly was Tighe about to burn in the flashback when he was interrupted by the two soldiers who told him Major Adama had gotten him reinstated as a captain?
I think he was going to burn his medals that he won during the first Cylon war. Or it could have been his uniform. I’m fairly certain it wasn't going to be a suicide attempt.

#29 of 1702 OFFLINE   David Forbes

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 07:23 AM

Okay, yeah, I think it was his medals. I was pretty sure he wasn't trying to snuff himself.
David Forbes

#30 of 1702 OFFLINE   Scotty_McW

Scotty_McW

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 08:27 AM

Last night's episode was fantastic! This is the first time that I've gotten in on a show like this from the beginning. My current favorite shows (24, the Shield, Stargate, Farscape, and others) have all been discovered by renting the DVDs. It's exciting to me to be right there with everybody else wondering what's going to happen next! I hope that it has a long run.

#31 of 1702 OFFLINE   Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 03:24 PM

I thought it was very, very good. I didn't think it was possible to top the drama and suspense of season 1, but they managed to do it. Bravo.

Two nits:

1. Didn't like (and on the verge of hating) the new intro music. Much, much preferred the season 1 version.

2. I still think they are spending too little time on a few of the plot threads. Only one scene with Starbuck and Helo, for instance, in the first episode, though it was a great scene.

#32 of 1702 OFFLINE   Roger_R

Roger_R

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
I do have a question for the UK viewers. If you happened to see the US broadcast of the first episode of season two, is the new opening sequence they used last night the same one they used in the UK last year?
Yep, this is the same version used in the UK. I actually prefer this one over the season 1 US version of the theme. It also got a bit better now that those drums are gone, together with the unnecessary precap.
Does sci-fi have any plans of starting to broadcast in HD? The HD recordings of season 1 I have from Ten look amazing.

#33 of 1702 OFFLINE   Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 01:34 AM

BSG is covered in the Sunday New York Times Magazine here (free registration required).

#34 of 1702 OFFLINE   Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 08:40 AM

Quote:

It has the same theme but they've totally redone the opening shots of scenes from the show. Other than the music they were always exactly the same.
Nowhere In Mulberry~The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture! iTunes

#35 of 1702 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 11:02 AM

Only one doctor on the Galactica?? I also think with all of the trained personel they seemed to be loosing. I think its time they run up with another human warship or base. In the original series. When they met with the Pegasus. Commander Cain left some of his pilots and their vipers behind with the Galactica on his suicide run.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#36 of 1702 OFFLINE   Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
Only one doctor on the Galactica??
They had a skeleton crew on board when Caprica was attacked.

#37 of 1702 OFFLINE   Dustin Elmore

Dustin Elmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 01:34 PM

With nearly 50,000 survivors, I think they could come up with a few doctors to place aboard the Galactica. I know the rest of the fleet need attention too, but Galactica has the highest risk potential. I don't think this is really a spoiler, but just in case...
Galactica will meet up with the Pegasus later this season

#38 of 1702 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 01:35 PM

Actually, seems like he's the only doctor in the fleet.

Good season opener. Looking forward to more.

#39 of 1702 OFFLINE   Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 02:37 PM

Who was the second in command under Colonel Tigh? And was his character in the show during the first season?

#40 of 1702 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,899 posts

Posted July 17 2005 - 11:33 PM

Well, I didn't take the advice and watched the season premiere. I really liked it. I knew a little of what happened last season so I wasn't as completely in the dark as I feared I might be.

Now I'm looking forward to getting season 1 on DVD and filling in the blanks. (I came to Star Trek TNG a season or so late and was able to catch up, same with Alias.)
(I won't be getting the season set from Best Buy though, as I don't wish to support this "period of exclusivity" idea.)

Very glad to see the show having the success it is having. It is a testament to the talents of Ron Moore and his writing team. Moore deserved the recognition so many years ago for his work on Star Trek TNG and DS9.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow