Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF REVIEW: Team America: World Police (Unrated Version)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#101 of 103 OFFLINE   Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted June 12 2005 - 12:15 PM

I think there were a lot of people who didn't get the irony of "America, Fuck Yeah!" Parker and Stone don't always directly poke fun at something. They will present whatever they are making fun of in such an over-the-top manner that you SHOULD be able to discern that they're satirizing it. Like the Passion of the Jew episode. They don't believe that Passion of the Christ will turn people into Nazis. They're making fun of the people who think that the film will stir anti-Semitic feelings.

#102 of 103 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 13 2005 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
many of us only dreamed of making as young boys who experimented with Ken and Barbie dolls

Ron!!! TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!! Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#103 of 103 OFFLINE   Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted June 27 2005 - 12:21 PM

I saw this for the first time tonight and liked it and laughed several times. The thing that shocked me more than anything was actually the gore at the final act.