Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

winxpmce2005/hauppauge 500mce w/sound issues from other tuner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Christo Ramo

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted May 15 2005 - 05:52 AM

I currently have a 3.0 p4, 1gb ram, ati radeo 9600 pro 256mb agp 8x with the ati drivers and the catalyst drivers, chaintech a710 sound using spdif, and the hauppauge 500mce dual tuner and tuner 2 pci slot installed - plugged into header 1, running windows media center edition 2005 w/all updated installed on all devices.

WinXPMCE is using tuner2 as the tuner with sound. I can only get to it when I tell tuner 1 to record something. This will allow me to get to tuner 2 though the watch live tv option. However every time I boot it uses tuner 1 as the default tuner and there is no sound coming from it. So everytime I want to watch tv I have to tell the winxpmce to record something. Am I suppose to have another sound card installed for the other tuner?

Also on another issue, it is possible to continue to use the computer as a computer while it distibutes live tv to the tv?