What's new

winxpmce 2005 install and issues? (1 Viewer)

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 3.0 p4, 1gb ram, 120 gig sata, hauppauge 500mce tuner, ati radeo 9600 pro 256mb ddr and chaintech a710 sound card set up to run 5.1.

Upon configuration, I received an error about my video card not be compatible with mce and I upgraded the drivers to the catalys drivers for mce and that went away. Also this error appears every now and then.

Titled:
MSVidCtl System Broadcast Message Receiver: ehRecvr.exe - Application Error.
The instruction at "0xdbda5200" referenced memory at "0xdbda5200". The memory could not be read. Anyone know what this means.

I am getting my signal from a directv dvr that has 2 tuners built it, I am running the coax out to the hauppauge, from there the signal gets passed thru to the ati which sends the signal to the tv via s-video. The chaintech a710 connect to the amp via optical connection.

Other issues:
I can not get the remote to change channels even though the setup completes successfully - except the channel changing feature.

Also rewinding live tv the system is having trouble syncing up when it trys to play the recorded tv. It plays like 5 sec and then pauses for 5 sec's.

Software installed is :
ati hydravision, catalyst driver, cyberlind dvd solution, medi@show, intervideo windvd4, winrip and the mce application compatability tools.

Can you guys see what is missing - lol!

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I found the cure for that error, it was produced by the windows media center service or something like that - turns out that winddvd4 was creating the problem, well it was that in conjunction with not having the right codec. Powerdvd5 is no good, I had to get Powerdvd6. So far so good, I will be connecting it to the satellite tomorrow - I will keep the site posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks