Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Ultimate TV and HDTV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   aaronc

• 6 posts

Posted November 17 2001 - 10:48 AM

Hello. I have the Sony Ultimate TV receiver and I just upgraded to HDTV. is there any way to continue to use my tivo service from my old receiver? I have not bought an HDTV reciever yet, but I am thinking of getting the Sony Hd-100 and I am hoping they thought about my situation. Any new products on the horizon that I should wait for? Whata re my options? TIA, Aaron

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,260 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted November 17 2001 - 11:45 AM

Whata re my options?

There are HD receivers from every major electronics manufacturer. That's a lot of research.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Evan A

Evan A

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted November 17 2001 - 11:48 AM

hate to tell ya bud, if you have ultimate tv you DONT HAVE TIVO SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to flame on now but dont have the time. ------------------ -------------------- Evan Adams eaadams@ucdavis.edu --------------------
Evan Adams

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   aaronc

• 6 posts

Posted November 17 2001 - 01:35 PM

Ultimate Tv actaully uses Tivo service, you pay it directly to DirecTV. It works very well. But since I have to get a new receiver for HDTV, will I still be able to use the HDD recorder in the Ultimate TV box? thanks again, aaron

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

• 2,358 posts

Posted November 17 2001 - 08:07 PM

Dude, the Ultimate TV service is by Microsoft and is a direct competitor to TiVo. Anyway, you can have both boxes on your subscription.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users