Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Another newbie ready for Dishnetwrok

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Khaled_H

Khaled_H

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted November 15 2001 - 05:47 AM

Hi,

I am finally planning to subscribe to dishnetwork. Recently I bought Pioneer Elite 610PRO HD-ready TV and can't take the poor quality of reception I am getting for local AT&T Cable service. However, I have several questions before I take the plunge:
1) I will need atleast two TV connections and only one of them have to be HD. What kind of package should I look at? Also, what will required for a third TV (if I decide to get one more)?
2) Do you need a phone outlet close to your TV/reciever? If I don't have it can, I use some sort of wireless phone jacks? I know the local Cable provider won't let me use one for Digital Cable.
2) Are the local programmings offered thru Dish in HD? If not, do I have to get OTA to get it off the air? (I live in San Jose, CA). What kind of equipment I need for this (Antenna, 8VSB ?)
3) I know there are some deals goin on. Where is the best place to buy (locally or on internet)?

4) What kind of total cost I am looking at?

Thanks in advance for any help/input.

Khaled

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted November 16 2001 - 12:12 AM

1. So I don't have to type it again, go to AVSForums , scroll down towards the bottom. I have posted the dish/switch combinations that can be used with Dishnetwork.
2. With Dish you don't have to have the phone plugged in except to order PPV using your remote.
3. No local HD programming comes over the satellite. Dish does carry the national CBS feed for people who qualify to receive it. I think your area has a lot of OTA HD. All you need is the 8VSB module for the 6000 receiver and a good antenna.
4. I'm a current subscriber so I don't follow the deals. Check with Mark at Dish Depot for deals and packages. They may not have the lowest prices (but they are low) but they have GREAT customer service.
5. Go to www.dishdepot.com

-Robert

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   JoshWB

JoshWB

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted November 16 2001 - 03:01 AM

That is why you get directv instead of dish. all HD is only available via OTA anyway, and directv has the NFL, and dish cant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users