Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount August

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 05:33 AM

The Hollywood Reporter (Today May 11) reports that Paramount DVD will release in August CLUELESS:Whatever Edition, TOMMY BOY:Holy Schnike Edition along with Collector's Editions of THE TRUMAN SHOW, WITNESS, THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY and ISLAND IN THE SKY. Very cool stuff!

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 05:39 AM

Clueless (Whatever Edition) will be mine for sure. Alicia Silverstone is great. I may also pick up Tommy Boy (Holy Schnikes Edition).
Lacey Chabert is so fetch!
My DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc library

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   CraigL

CraigL

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 05:47 AM

Witness??? GREAT!

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,495 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted May 11 2005 - 05:58 AM

I finally cracked and just bought Witness...that'll teach me to be careful among them English. Providing the extras are decent, I'll cheerfully buy it again.
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 26,027 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 11 2005 - 07:28 AM

Since, both of these John Wayne films are some of his least seen by the general public, it will be interesting to see how many units they sell of them. I'm buying both of them because it will give me the chance to hear the Duke whistle that terrific Tiomkin score again while seeing "Island in the Sky" for the very first time. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   John C

John C

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 07:34 AM

Will these editions be known as Witness: The Witnessed Edition, Truman Show: The Showiest Edition, The High and the Mighty: The Mightiest Edition and Island in the Sky: The Cloudy Edition? These "cutesy" Special Edition monikers are lame!

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   CraigL

CraigL

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 08:01 AM

Witness will be the 20th anniversary edition. I'm assuming since Truman show is coming out as well that they got Peter Weir to do a commentary or at least provide some more extras (like the deleted scenes shown in network TV).

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Perry L William

Perry L William

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 08:05 AM

It's funny, when you look at the poster art for "The High and The Mighty" it says the film was distributed by Warner Brothers. How did Paramount get the rights to this film?

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,134 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted May 11 2005 - 08:34 AM

As with "Island in the Sky", it was independently produced by Wayne-Fellows Productions who struck a distribution deal with Warner Brothers. Paramount recently acquired the video distribution rights for numerous films from the Wayne-Fellows and Batjac catalogs from the Wayne estate. Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 01:24 PM

Assuming we get some decent extras, I'll rebuy "WITNESS". And "THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY" will be mine as soon as possible. Posted Image Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,582 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 02:35 PM

That leaves a mere four months in 2005 in which to get out the titles we've all been begging for for years: ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS PHASE IV NAKED PREY CRACK IN THE WORLD etc. This new list does not indicate any step-up of catalog releases from Paramount, as was rumored. In fact, last year, their catalog releases numbered about a dozen every month. It was pretty amazing.

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 04:27 PM

I want those too!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 07:02 PM

I, too have money waiting, Paramount! But Ace in the Hole and The Conformist are still the Paramount Holy Grails, for me.

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter

• 1,070 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 07:24 PM

I'll buy Witness only if it has the correct audio. The last DVD left out a crucial line of dialogue. When Book is shot by McFee, on the shot of the blood hitting the dry cleaning, you're supposed to hear (in voice over): Schaefer - Who else knows about this? Book - Just you and I. This is dialogue from earlier in the film, and key to establishing the villian.
 This Are Intentionally Left Blank

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeff D Han

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor

• 566 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 09:54 PM

Tommy Boy- MINE!!Posted Image

The Witness SE could also be
a purchase.
Pretty please, with sugar on top,
clean the f**king car.

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 04:02 AM

I am interested in Witness
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   MikeEckman

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 08:18 AM

It will be nice to finally have an anamorphic version of The Truman Show. I held off on that title all these years for that simple fact. I may even consider Tommy Boy. If Paramount reads this, good job on your re-releases, but come on, we need a Days of Thunder: The Thunderest Edition to come out with at least a decent anamorphic transfer!!!
Mike Eckman
Chicago Heights, IL
Music Webpage: http://www.metalreviewcentre.com
Car Webpage: http://www.metalrevi...com/transam.htm

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 09:15 AM

THE RED TENT (AUG 23) SAHARA and SCHULTZE GETS THE BLUES (AUG 30) are additions.

#19 of 20 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted May 10 2010 - 09:22 AM

Does anyone know where I can find out information about the current status of distribution rights for films? I'm looking into stuff on John Wayne's films in particular. I'd like to be able to find out the same info for any film, but for the moment, info about dist. rights for Wayne's films would certainly suffice. Thanx!

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,085 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted May 11 2010 - 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chris A 

Does anyone know where I can find out information about the current status of distribution rights for films? I'm looking into stuff on John Wayne's films in particular. I'd like to be able to find out the same info for any film, but for the moment, info about dist. rights for Wayne's films would certainly suffice. Thanx!

Are you looking for theatrical distribution rights?

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users