Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Have the Panasonic (SCHT 920) Home Theater System (HTiB)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike-M

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 11:48 AM

Not sure if this is the right forum, but... I'm considering getting this this weekend. I've heard some pretty good things. My room isn't that big, so I don't really need something like an Onkyo. I also think the Panasonic looks pretty stylish. But does anyone have this HTiB or a similar Panasonic HTiB? If so, do you like it or dislike it? Thanks.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 04:23 PM

From my experience, they are VERY bright sounding. I would try and get a seperate system (like the Onkyo) - as it can be upgraded.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike-M

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by 'bright sounding?'

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 02:36 AM

It sounds like the treble is cranked WAY up and there is no way to turn it down. Seriously take a look at 'component' systems, with a stand alone receiver, and all seperate speakers, along with a powered sub (not the propriotary one the Panasonic has)

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Bahnson

Matt Bahnson

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 05:26 AM

I have had a lot of experience with this system, it has been my experience that this system is for the value conscious, and feature oriented customer. They really are not designed to sound good. they're designed to get a lot of sound out of a little box. Most HTIB systems are designed the same way...components are all designed individually, not as a whole. They have to move these systems at a low price, so they have to cut corners, sound quality was the first to go.
Always remember, your specs don't determine how good it sounds. your ears, and your tuning talents do.