What's new

The 4400 Season 2 (1 Viewer)

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else watch this last summer? I quickly became addicted and just heard the new season starts June 5th on USA. Wonder who will realize their powers next?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I'll be watching but I hope it's not a different 4400 every week like last season. That gets old. I want to see more about the events that happened in the last episode and expanding from there.
I didn't realize it started so soon.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
What do you mean a different 4400 each week? it was 4400 that went missing, and then dealt with those 4400. Im assuming this season will continue to explain whats really going on.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
What I meant is that last year most of the time they dealt with a different 4400 member each with a story that had nothing to do with an overall arc.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm afraid we're going to get what Mikael wants, just from the way the first series ended, with the "six months later". Pity, since I thought the "man out of time" elements were a whole lot more interesting than the predestination paradox and magic-baby story, but jumping forward in time would seem to eliminate that.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
There's nothing wrong with both but the individual character each week was getting a bit old by the end. They would introduce someone, show their story and then you wouldn't see them again.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Agreed, it was a little weak for such a good concept. But your right, it is typical

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator

See, I like that concept - sort of how Lost does their show by "highlighting" individual characters and how they play into the larger idea. Keeps things interesting in my opinion.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Damn those stories which contain a beginning, middle, and end!

The way I figure it, "serialization" and "story arcs" are tools used by lazy writers to only tell one story using the time and resources with which their more industrious brethren can tell ten. :)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I personally hope it doesn't turn into "monster of the week" type of show, where there's every week a new 4400 with new and unique powers. Too x-fileish. But that's probably how it will go. I just hope they keep the theme song.

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno, like I said before I like seeing the story of each individual and seeing how their powers play into the larger story of bettering mankind. I was reading that this new season take place 6 months after where the last episode left off. Wonder if that means Lily's baby will be born?

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
We never watched Season 1 until just last week. We knew Season 2 was starting so we went out and bought Season 1 and watched it in the course of an evening.

I thought there was alot of continuity to it and every ep featured most of the main characters.

We're looking forward to the second season, hopefully it will be longer than Season 1's 6 eps.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ill set up the Tivo for a season pass tonight. I think I erased the old one, cause I wasnt sure they'd bring it back.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So did anyone watch the season 2 premier? Some interesting developments. The baby has some strong powers...including seriously screwing up Jordan. Also, what does everyone think about what the little girl wrote?..."My Mommies bosses with be punished for what they have done to us"

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I watched it, and enjoyed it. THere is definitely an X-Files vibe with the two investigators and the Lone Gunmen in the basement, only one of whom actually seems to have a speaking role. :)

The production quality and direction was very good, the acting is far superior to last year. The staff really seem to have learned their characters from a writing and direction standpoint. Lots of good conflict.

On a scale of 1 to Battlestar Galactica, I give it a 4. :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought it was pretty good although the parents on the run stuff got old real quick. We kept fastforwarding past these parts. Why couldnt they get some help?
Didn't care for the new boss. Typical Bitchy type that reminded me of the boss that started out on "24" this season.
I also noticed the little Lone Gunman/Marshall from Alias type characters and a few others that work at the headquarters so it looks like they are expanding the character releationships and the canvas all together.
Nice to see Jeffrey Combs too.

I'll keep watching. Nice eye candy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks