Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The 4400 Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

#1 of 176 OFFLINE   hanson mat

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 03:56 AM

Anyone else watch this last summer? I quickly became addicted and just heard the new season starts June 5th on USA. Wonder who will realize their powers next?
"He who sets to work on a different strand destroys the whole fabric."

#2 of 176 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 06:02 AM

I'll be watching but I hope it's not a different 4400 every week like last season. That gets old. I want to see more about the events that happened in the last episode and expanding from there.
I didn't realize it started so soon.

#3 of 176 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 06:12 AM

Quote:
I'll be watching but I hope it's not a different 4400 every week like last season. That gets old. I want to see more about the events that happened in the last episode and expanding from there.
What do you mean a different 4400 each week? it was 4400 that went missing, and then dealt with those 4400. Im assuming this season will continue to explain whats really going on.
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#4 of 176 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 06:32 AM

What I meant is that last year most of the time they dealt with a different 4400 member each with a story that had nothing to do with an overall arc.

#5 of 176 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 08:15 AM

I'm afraid we're going to get what Mikael wants, just from the way the first series ended, with the "six months later". Pity, since I thought the "man out of time" elements were a whole lot more interesting than the predestination paradox and magic-baby story, but jumping forward in time would seem to eliminate that.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#6 of 176 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 10:34 AM

There's nothing wrong with both but the individual character each week was getting a bit old by the end. They would introduce someone, show their story and then you wouldn't see them again.

#7 of 176 OFFLINE   Eddy-C

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor

• 549 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 03:19 PM

They better keep the theme song.
Click here for Trailer #1 | Trailer #2 | International Trailer

Keep Flyin' on September 30th!My DVDs | My Livejournal

#8 of 176 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,293 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 10 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hopefully the writing has improved since. Very strong concept, typical TV movie style execution.

#9 of 176 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 01:41 AM

Quote:
Hopefully the writing has improved since.
Agreed, it was a little weak for such a good concept. But your right, it is typical
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#10 of 176 OFFLINE   hanson mat

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted May 18 2005 - 03:13 AM

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with both but the individual character each week was getting a bit old by the end. They would introduce someone, show their story and then you wouldn't see them again.

See, I like that concept - sort of how Lost does their show by "highlighting" individual characters and how they play into the larger idea. Keeps things interesting in my opinion.

#11 of 176 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 18 2005 - 03:26 AM

Quote:
Damn those stories which contain a beginning, middle, and end!

The way I figure it, "serialization" and "story arcs" are tools used by lazy writers to only tell one story using the time and resources with which their more industrious brethren can tell ten. Posted Image
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#12 of 176 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 18 2005 - 04:13 AM

I read the entire cast we returning except
Peter Ciote (sp?) who has taken a part in another series.

#13 of 176 OFFLINE   Nicodemus

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted May 18 2005 - 06:59 AM

I personally hope it doesn't turn into "monster of the week" type of show, where there's every week a new 4400 with new and unique powers. Too x-fileish. But that's probably how it will go. I just hope they keep the theme song.

#14 of 176 OFFLINE   hanson mat

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted May 24 2005 - 02:43 AM

I dunno, like I said before I like seeing the story of each individual and seeing how their powers play into the larger story of bettering mankind. I was reading that this new season take place 6 months after where the last episode left off. Wonder if that means Lily's baby will be born?

#15 of 176 OFFLINE   hanson mat

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 03:29 AM

Only like 2 days until the premiere. Anyone plan on watching?

#16 of 176 OFFLINE   Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 05:55 AM

We never watched Season 1 until just last week. We knew Season 2 was starting so we went out and bought Season 1 and watched it in the course of an evening.

I thought there was alot of continuity to it and every ep featured most of the main characters.

We're looking forward to the second season, hopefully it will be longer than Season 1's 6 eps.

#17 of 176 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 07:15 AM

Ill set up the Tivo for a season pass tonight. I think I erased the old one, cause I wasnt sure they'd bring it back.

#18 of 176 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 02:52 AM

So did anyone watch the season 2 premier? Some interesting developments. The baby has some strong powers...including seriously screwing up Jordan. Also, what does everyone think about what the little girl wrote?..."My Mommies bosses with be punished for what they have done to us"
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#19 of 176 OFFLINE   Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit

• 336 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 03:19 AM

I watched it, and enjoyed it. THere is definitely an X-Files vibe with the two investigators and the Lone Gunmen in the basement, only one of whom actually seems to have a speaking role. Posted Image

The production quality and direction was very good, the acting is far superior to last year. The staff really seem to have learned their characters from a writing and direction standpoint. Lots of good conflict.

On a scale of 1 to Battlestar Galactica, I give it a 4. Posted Image
Ivan Lindenfeld

#20 of 176 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 06 2005 - 04:52 AM

I thought it was pretty good although the parents on the run stuff got old real quick. We kept fastforwarding past these parts. Why couldnt they get some help?
Didn't care for the new boss. Typical Bitchy type that reminded me of the boss that started out on "24" this season.
I also noticed the little Lone Gunman/Marshall from Alias type characters and a few others that work at the headquarters so it looks like they are expanding the character releationships and the canvas all together.
Nice to see Jeffrey Combs too.

I'll keep watching. Nice eye candy too.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow