What's new

Birds of Prey (1 Viewer)

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
In this New York Times article about DC Comics changing its symbol for the first time since the 1970s, it mentions that the new symbol will appear on an upcoming release of Birds of Prey on DVD.

Okay, I've never done a link on here before.... between the b.. and .. a should appear business/media

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Yeah I read that yesterday :frowning: For a minute my eyes lit up cause I thought it might finally be coming. I don't what the WB is waiting for they missed a good chance to release this when Batman Begins comes out, or maybe when that comes out on DVD. This will sell well this show has fans. I'm not a huge fan of Birds of Prey but I feel for the people who badly want this released and still wait. I just don't understand what the WB is waiting for. Same with Briscoe County Jr.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
For Crimines sake, it Warner Bros dosen't want to mess with it, license it out.. Shout Factory! comes to mind! (and Brisco too while they're at it).

LizH

Second Unit

BB may the reason why they're sitting on it (For the past two years, Warner has been billing it as a "re-boot" of the Bat-film franchise. I guess they don't want anyone confusing the two franchises.)

There were a lot of things that didn't add up about the New York Times article:
  • BOP is somewhat obscure; it's not a show that's going to be on everyone's lips. Who else but Warner/DC could've given it to them?
  • The NYT article got past Warner's PR department (It would've had to have gone through them as a part of the Times' fact-checking process.) Warner's inclusion of BOP was no oversight; they had a reason for including BOP on that list (If they had no plans to release it on DVD, why plug a cancelled and "unpopular" show? They could've easily given the space to "Smallville".)

Warner is not stupid. They know what message they're sending.
  • History has shown that what Warner SAYS is not always what they MEAN (They've had "plans" for a DVD release of "Witchblade" since 2002. :rolleyes:) The thinking I've heard elsewhere is that the reason Warner has no plans to release it at this time is because they're still trying to iron out the contractual and financial details involved.

BOP may just see the light of day yet!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I imagine the original, longer, unedited quote was something like "The logo would appear on shows that had DC Comics content, such as Birds of Prey, if that ever makes it to DVD!"

It likely got shortened and in being shortened, came to sound as if it was a sure thing.

I'd buy the series immediately of course, if it did come out. If Cleopatra 2525 can make it so can this.

LizH

Second Unit
^ I resent that. :thumbsdown:

I will not have BOP lumped in with garbage like "Pink Lady and Jeff"! :angry:

BOP has something THAT piece of crap lacks: a FANDOM.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure whether this is good news for all those people out there with R1 only systems or not. But I just noticed Birds of Prey : The Complete series is available to pre-order in R2

See

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr

As a three disc release I'm guessing this is a bare bones release (although i suppose if they're DVD-18's there could be extras) but theres no details regarding extras as yet.

Only three months more to wait.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
I really believe that this is only one big hit movie for either Ashley Scott or Dina Meyer away. As soon as one of them is in a big movie in a lead role, it'll be released.

(The "Saw" movies for Meyer don't count as she's not in a lead role.)

Heck, I think they might even consider a release if "Criminal Minds" contiues to be a hit, considering Shemar Moore's presence.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

The odds of either of them being in a big movie AND in a lead role are pretty much a zillion to one. I wouldn't count on the star power of anyone on that show to get this released.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
Big hits don't necessarily get short-run shows released. I liked the super-hero comedy series Misfits of Science (anyone else even remember that?). One of the stars of that was a pre-Friends Courtney Cox. Despite the popularity of Friends there's no sign of MoS on DVD

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I remember... and loved Misfits of Science! That is another show I wnat to see released... along with Birds of Prey of course! But I fear that they both will... at the very least... be a long wait! :frowning:

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
Not a GREAT show, but it had some good episodes during its run. As a Batman collector, I'd be all over this if it were released in Region 1.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Would buy the show in a heartbeat. But, I really think they missed the boat on the premise. They could have went right from the comics. But, they had to change almost everyone (except Oracle) around. No reason Huntress had to be Bats daughter and for that matter Bats gone.
. Another complaint was that they made the show almost a spinoff of X-Men by having the "Metas" and all their problems too much like the Marvel mutants. Also, how they treated Bats...Like I said before its bad enough he is gone. But, to have no one think he was real. I mean the general public..ok. But, not to the cops and the underworld.

That all being said. Loved the last episode with Harley being Harley

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
Re: The point made about Huntress's parentage... That actually was right out of the comics, consistent with her first introduction in the 1970s. I thought it was cool that they referenced those old Earth-2 stories.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Despite the show not bering the greatest, I think I'd pick it up, too. There are a few episodes I've missed and, as a Batman fan, it'd be nice to have this little "bastard child" (so to speak) series with my other Dark Knight DVDs.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I read or heard somewhere that "it must be really bad if a show with 3 hot chicks couldn't gain an audience"

I was only able to catch a couple of shows on TV, but it looked promising. I would have liked to have seen the a few more, but it got yanked before I could develope a following. I hope to see on DVD so I can really check it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks