Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTOR FILMOGRAPHY - The Films of STEVEN SPIELBERG

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#1 of 104 Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted May 08 2005 - 11:27 PM

DIRECTOR FILMOGRAPHY - The Films of STEVEN SPIELBERG

Rank ‘em, rate ‘em, review ‘em or whatever.

STEVEN SPIELBERG

War Horse (2011)

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)

A Timeless Call (2008)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
Munich (2005)
War of the Worlds (2005)
The Terminal (2004)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Minority Report (2002)
Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Amistad (1997)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Schindler's List (1993)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Hook (1991)
Always (1989)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
The Color Purple (1985)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) (segment 2)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
1941 (1979)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
Jaws (1975)
The Sugarland Express (1974)
Savage (1973) (TV)
Something Evil (1972) (TV)
Duel (1971) (TV)

Death before Streaming!

#2 of 104 Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted May 08 2005 - 11:28 PM

Ratings out of Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

STEVEN SPIELBERG (1946 -     )

War Horse (2011)

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)

A Timeless Call (2008)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Munich (2005) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
War of the Worlds (2005)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Terminal (2004) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Catch Me If You Can (2002) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Minority Report (2002) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Saving Private Ryan (1998) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Amistad (1997) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Schindler's List (1993) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Jurassic Park (1993)
Hook (1991) Posted Image Posted Image
Always (1989)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Empire of the Sun (1987) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Color Purple (1985) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) (segment 2) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
1941 (1979) Posted Image Posted Image
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Jaws (1975) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Sugarland Express (1974) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Savage (1973)
Something Evil (1972) Posted Image Posted Image
Duel (1971)

Death before Streaming!

#3 of 104 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,124 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted May 08 2005 - 11:46 PM

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Munich (2005) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
War of the Worlds (2005) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Terminal (2004) Posted Image Posted Image
Catch Me If You Can (2002) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Minority Report (2002) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Saving Private Ryan (1998) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Amistad (1997) Posted Image Posted Image
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Schindler's List (1993) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Jurassic Park (1993) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Hook (1991) Posted Image Posted Image
Always (1989) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Empire of the Sun (1987) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Color Purple (1985) Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) (segment 2) Posted Image Posted Image
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
1941 (1979) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Jaws (1975) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Sugarland Express (1974) Posted Image Posted Image
Duel (1971)

Rankings (personal favorites)

1)Jaws (tie)
1)Close Encounters of the Third Kind (tie)
1)Raiders of the Lost Ark (tie)
2)Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
3)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
4)1941
5)ET The Extraterrestrial
6)Saving Private Ryan
7)Minority Report
8)Jurassic Park
9)War of the Worlds

10)Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Ratings out of 5

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#4 of 104 DavidBC

DavidBC

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 12:35 AM

Minority Report (2002) - B
AI: Artificial Intelligence (2001) - A
Saving Private Ryan (1998) - A-
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) B-
Schindler's List (1993) - A
Jurassic Park (1993) - A-
Hook (1991) - C
Always (1989) - B-
The Color Purple (1985) - B+
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) - A
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) - A
Jaws (1975) - A
I don't care for modern films. All crashing cars and close-ups of people's feet.
-Lillian Gish

#5 of 104 JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 01:51 AM

Out of 4 Posted Images

Catch Me If You Can Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Minority Report Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Artificial Intelligence: AI Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Saving Private Ryan Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Amistad Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The Lost World: Jurassic Park Posted Image Posted Image
Schindler's List Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Jurassic Park Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Hook Posted Image Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Posted Image Posted Image
Raiders of the Lost Ark Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
1941 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Close Encounters of the Third Kind Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Jaws Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 of 104 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 03:05 AM

One of the best directors of all-time, underrated because his films have the audacity to be popular, therefore they can't really be that great.

STEVEN SPIELBERG

Seen: 18
Like: 12
Own: 12

Rank order:

Jaws (1975)
Duel (1971) (TV)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Minority Report (2002)
1941 (1979)
Schindler's List (1993)
The Color Purple (1985)
Hook (1991)
Always (1989)
The Sugarland Express (1974)

"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#7 of 104 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,124 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 03:19 AM

Quote:
One of the best directors of all-time, underrated because his films have the audacity to be popular, therefore they can't really be that great.

Totally agree. I'm afraid that's exactly how the snoots here feel.

George I see you also rank '1941' above 'Schindler's List' and 'Saving Private Ryan', and I thought I was the only one to dare such a thing. Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#8 of 104 SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 03:27 AM

Seen 'em all except the tv films after Duel.

Quote:

I neither underrate Spielberg as a director, nor do I begrudge him the popular status he's achieved. But lately he's been taking the easy way out. The Terminal was a cloying insult of a film, Catch Me If You Can was decent if decidedly unmemorable fare, and Minority Report just pissed me off with its unnecessary feel-good ending. War of the Worlds I hate to say, looks like another Independence Day - just another empty, blustery spectacle (though I hope I'm wrong). Spielberg is better than that and I wish he'd wake up. Hell, instead of adapting The War of the Worlds as a brainless summer event film, why not use his clout to get a serious adaptation of Rendezvous With Rama off the ground?

#9 of 104 Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 05:01 AM

A totally fallacious argument trotted out continuously on this forum to defend a director who doesn't need defending by bashing other people's opinion.

*1. A.I. Artificial Intelligence - A (still the best film of the 00's and a top 30-40 all-time)
*2. Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - A (astonishing when I was younger, now I can appreciate it as one of the most "realistic" and hopeful depictions of what a human/alien encounter might be like)
*3. Jaws - A (I love this because everytime I go see it, it makes me want to rent a boat and go shark killing, right Bill? Posted Image)
4. Raiders Of The Lost Ark - A (I haven't seen this in many years, just assuming I'd still feel this way)
5. Schindler's List - A-
6. Catch Me If You Can - A-
(surprised me that I enjoyed this so much)
7. Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom - B+ (Even when I didn't know what editing was I thought the opening scene in the restaurant was the best sequence in the 3 films.)
8. The Terminal - B+ (again, I was surprised I found this so entertaining though it does have a few clunky bits. Can't help but be impressed by the set design and some of the opening wide pan shots.)
9. The Color Purple - B+
10. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade - B
(still Indiana but too-often resorts to silliness and lacks a lot of the snappy dialogue of the previous films)

11. Warhorse - B
12. Saving Private Ryan - B (A for the first 30m, C for everything after)
13. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - B-
14. Jurassic Park - B-
(woo-hoo dinosaurs, boo story, Sam Neill going through the motions, & the most annoying pair of kids since the frightening robotic Disney monsters of the 60's.)
15. Amistad - B-
16. Minority Report - B-

17. War of the Worlds - C
18. Munich - C
19. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - D
(an awful film, possibly one of the worst ever by a director of Spielberg's stature and talent)

I didn't rank ET because I've never seen it again after its theatrical release 20+ years ago. I also know I've seen The Twilight Zone movie but can't remember anything about it.

Own: 3 (possibly a reflection that my Indiana Jones ranking is too high based on memory. I decided I didn't really want to see them enough to buy the box. Catch Me is the only other one I've considered buying since it used to show up so often in cheap sales)

I suppose one of these days I should get around to filling in the holes. At least watch Sugarland Express, Empire of the Sun and Duel. I can't say Hook, 1941 or Always interests me.

2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#10 of 104 SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 06:37 AM

Quote:
A totally fallacious argument trotted out continuously on this forum to defend a director who doesn't need defending by bashing other people's opinion.

If you're referring to what I said, I wasn't bashing anyone's opinion, I was just stating that while I think Spielberg is a great director, he's been putting out unimpressive/unchallenging films of late (my opinion of course). A.I. was his last great film and I wish he'd take more chances like that. I'd say Ridley Scott falls into this category as well.

#11 of 104 Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,088 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 06:40 AM

Munich(2005) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - One of Spielberg's best films and it layers and doubles itself thematically very much like Empire of the Sun. It also is one of his most thought provoking and powerful statements on family. A masterpiece, his first since AI.
War of the Worlds (2005) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - stellar except for the piss pour final 90 seconds.
The Terminal (2004) - Posted ImagePosted Image1/2 - gorgeous cinematography and a charming movie that never became the sum of its parts
Catch Me If You Can (2002) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - brilliant caper/chase/character film. Love every moment. Leo DiCaprio is one of my favorite working actors
Minority Report (2002) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image1/2 - excellent piece of intelligent commercial sci-fi. Cruise is great as is Samantha Morton.
Artificial Intelligence: AI (2001) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Spielberg's most challenging and intelligent work, a masterpiece and it contains arguably the best child performance ever, and (possibly) the best performance Spielberg's ever gotten, in Haley Joel Osment.
Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Incredible impactful, and amazing piece of film. Overshadowed now by Band of Brothers, but this is an astonishing work.
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image1/2 - why do we have to rehash King Kong for the ending? Great thriller otherwise.
Amistad (1997) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image what on earth was anthony hopkins babbling about in that end speech and how could it possibly convince a jury? But as Djimoun goes through the bible, that was brilliant.
Schindler's List (1993) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - ...
Jurassic Park (1993) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - One of the best thrillers ever made.
Hook (1991) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - fuck y'll if you don't like it, I was 8 when this came out and it was one of the greatest movies ever, I've watched it a hundred times, most recently about three years ago and I still find it charming and effective, if a bit silly and over the top.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Dr. Jones meet Dr. Jones. The first Indy I saw, and almost still my favorite.
Always - Posted ImagePosted Image(1988) - note to Spielberg, you're not good at remakes and the problems with this film are the messed up time periods the characters are balking around in. One way or another, this way doesn't work. Holly Hunter is gorgeous.
Empire of the Sun (1987) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - my personal Citizen Kane, and still my favorite movie of all time. So nuanced, layered and textured. It's a fine movie with way more going on in it than is usually attributed.
The Color Purple (1985) - Posted Image - Just sad what was done with this novel, but I forgive Spielberg because he said he was embarrassed and didn't know what to do and just lacked the world experience to make the film properly but boy could he shoot the hell out of those lesbian scenes now. Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Dr. Jones! I love you! fun film that's just so damn fun and silly
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Perfection realized
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - Perfection realizd
1941 (1979) - Posted ImagePosted Image - you tried so hard and fell so far, but in the end, it doesnn't really matter.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) - Posted ImagePosted Image1/2 - dammit this was so good until he kissed that woman and got on the ship! Abandoning bastard!
Jaws (1975) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Brilliant film, love the scene between the father and son, and just an incredible thriller, top twenty film.
Sugarland Express (1973) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - Damn good work needs a bit of shaping and focusing and polishing to be a masterpiece but this is a stunning piece
Duel (1970) - Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image - this is the european cut but it is a brilliant technical exercise in suspense and dread. Excellent, flawless execution, however the edit is definitely too long, I'd like to see the TV version.

RANKING
    [*]Empire of the Sun[*]A.I.: Artificial Intelligence[*]E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial[*]Jaws[*]Schindler's List[*]Munich[*]Saving Private Ryan[*]Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade[*]Raiders of the Lost Ark[*]Jurassic Park[*]Catch Me if You Can[*]Hook[*]The Lost World[*]Minority Report[*]Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom[*]Close Encounters of the Third Kind[*]Sugarland Express[*]War of the Worlds[*]Amistad[*]Duel[*]1941[*]The Terminal[*]Always[*]The Color Purple

#12 of 104 Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,088 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 06:48 AM

Actually Steve, I think Brook was agreeing with George's disclaimer at the start of his list. All five of my fave directors have now been covered. David Lean, Billy Wilder and Spielberg, Hitchcock and Kurosawa.

More people here need to see Empire of the Sun; I need to write a paper/cinematographic/editing analysis of that film.

I own ten Spielberg films, second only to my nine Wilder films. Posted Image
Adam

#13 of 104 ChrisV

ChrisV

Second Unit

• 484 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 07:02 AM

STEVEN SPIELBERG

Well, here's an interesting one. I have my highest percentage seen so far, although Spielberg is certainly not my favourite of the directors we've discussed. Far from it. I didn't list some because I've seen them, but it was so long ago that I've forgotten everything about them. Some I really like, some I really dislike. Something for everyone!

Jaws (1975)
Schindler's List (1993)
Minority Report (2002)
Amistad (1997)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
The Terminal (2004)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)

#14 of 104 SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 07:04 AM

Adam, I wasn't sure who he was referring to. Posted Image

My major problem with The Terminal was Tom Hanks' cliched performance (hey look, I'm playin' a cute lil' humble foreigner!), but the film plays to the crowd too many times. The only pluses were the photography and Catherine Zeta-Jones (who was just beyond hot - I hate Michael Douglas!). Posted Image

I recently rewatched Empire of the Sun and liked it quite a bit more than on my first viewing years ago. For a similar story, check out Kazuo Ishiguro's novel When We Were Orphans (plugging one of my fav authors).

We still haven't gotten to one of my fav directors, Werner Herzog. Posted Image

#15 of 104 Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 08:47 AM

I thought it would be obvious I was responding to my old sparring partner, George, and also talking about Ernest who shows up in threads where SS isn't even being discussed to launch into spirited defenses of his work Posted Image. I agree with you Steve. Even though I've liked his last two films, they certainly aren't challenging and I wish he would attempt something on the level of A.I. again.
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#16 of 104 Arman

Arman

Screenwriter

• 1,625 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 10:25 AM

#17 of 104 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 11:31 AM

I think Brook was agreeing with George
That would be very unusual.
I thought it would be obvious I was responding to my old sparring partner, George
Much more likely. Posted Image
Even though I've liked his last two films, they certainly aren't challenging
Having seen neither, I can't comment. But certainly it's not unusual to see threads in which masterpieces like Jaws are dismissed as trash, and Spielberg is viewed, not as a good director, but the reason why Hollywood makes crappy summer blockbusters instead of great films like Cries & Whispers.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#18 of 104 Bill McA

Bill McA

Producer

• 5,969 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 01:25 PM

Ratings from Posted Image to Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

War Horse (2011) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the Blu)
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)  Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the Blu)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Munich (2005) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

War of the Worlds (2005) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the DVD)
The Terminal (2004) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Catch Me If You Can (2002) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the DVD)
Minority Report (2002) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (minus 1 star for the totally convential ending)(Own the DVD)
A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (2001) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the DVD)
Saving Private Ryan (1998) Posted Image
Amistad (1997) Posted Image
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) Posted Image
Schindler's List (1993) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the DVD)
Jurassic Park (1993) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image (Own the DVD)
Hook (1991) Posted Image
Always (1989) Posted Image
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) Posted ImagePosted Image
Empire of the Sun (1987) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
The Color Purple (1985) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) Posted Image
Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) (segment 2) Posted ImagePosted Image for the film, Posted Image for Spielberg's segment (Own the DVD)
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) Posted ImagePosted Image (Own the DVD)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Posted ImagePosted Image
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Special Edition) (1980) Posted Image (Own the Blu)
1941 (1979) Posted Image
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) Posted ImagePosted Image (Own the Blu)
Jaws (1975) Posted Image uh-oh!! (Own the DVD which I won in a contest and is still sealed)
The Sugarland Express (1974) Posted Image
Savage (1973) (TV)
Something Evil (1972) (TV)
Duel (1971) (TV) Posted Image

Seen 29
Own 13

Guess I'm one of the aforementioned "snoots".

Just about hate everything prior to Schindler's List (with a few exceptions), due to the whack-you-over-the-head-in-case-you-missed-it stories oozing gooey sentimentality and entirely populated by those lovable loud, abrasive, ADD-inflicted yahoos that Spielberg uses to depict the common man.

Jaws sucks!!!

#19 of 104 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,124 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
Once upon a time, I loved this film...now aside from the SPFX, I find it excruciating to sit through

Quote:
Jaws sucks!!!

Quote:
Guess I'm one of the aforementioned "snoots".

Oh definitely.Posted Image

Lord of the Hubs

#20 of 104 SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
...due to the whack-you-over-the-head-in-case-you-missed-it stories oozing gooey sentimentality...

Um, you mean like in The Terminal? Posted Image

Back to Director Checklists

Forum Nav Content I Follow