What's new

Best Buy Renews My Reward Zone Membership for Free! (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I just got in a letter yesterday from Best Buy. They've renewed my Reward Zone membership for free, even though my expiration date is at the end of July. They also sent me a coupon for double points on any single item. I, of course, promptly went out to BB and picked up S1 of ST:Enterprise. Any one else get this in the mail? How 'bout you Frezon? I know you generally have a tough time with getting them to mail you coupons. I didn't know if it was based on spending amounts or patterns, if it's for everyone, or if it's completely random.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
There was the coupon a lot of us used that gave us a free membership, about a week and a half ago I think. Guess they had a lot of people not renew.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know, Will. I made yet another big purchase at my local Best Buy a few months ago and got a Reward Zone membership because it seemed to make sense at the time.

1.) It hasn't seemed to have any impact on my status of "persona non grata" re: their "preferred customer" coupons.

2.) And, no, I did not get any letter where they are offering to renew my membership for free and give me a coupon for free double points on an item.

These people will end up driving me to the funny farm.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
I got this letter too. Just as well, because I personally felt somewhat gipped last time around when they sent out a bunch of special offers right around renewal time/past renewal to people and I had already paid to renu.

Now if only they'd replace the card. These things are so cheaply put together my cards been peeling almost since day 1.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Back in January (my last card expired on 12/31/04) I got a letter offering a free renewal, plus 5,000 points for opting to print the coupons online rather than mailing them. And now that they are doing deals for the card (like the cheaper price for Bob Newhart), it seems like I did the right thing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I got the free renewal letter right after getting a RZ break on Magnum, the A-Team, and Bob Newhart. I thought the card was pretty worthless until all that, now I'm glad to have it.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I just recieved this letter today. This makes 3 years straght that I have not had to pay for the membership thanks to various coupons and specials.

The initial sign up they started off with bonus points to cover the first $10 reward. The second year they sent a coupon to cover the cost, and now they renewed it just for fun. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
If BB wants to send me a free renewal, I'll accept it; once my current card expires, I'm not going to renew. I've been frustrated by their inability to resolve the certificate mailing issue on my account; receiving only one $5 certificate in the mail in the past 6 months will do that to you. :angry: :angry:

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just got my free renewal notice in the mail yesterday. Nice, I guess. It should be freaking free to begin with! :angry:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I got one for free when they first came out, then a free renewal a year later. Now nothing, i let the thing go. I wont spend the money on what should be free to begin with, and i did get about $30 or $40 in rebates each year i had the card. But i could have saved that just by shopping at Amazon more than BB.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Free year here, too!

Plus an extra 1,000 free RZ points for every post needling Frezon!

ka ching!

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I got my free renewal in the mail today with the double points on a purchase coupon along with my fed tax refund check, a dangerous combination!
Incidentally I paid to renew the year before, but they gave me it for free the two years prior...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, since I don't see how I can effectively needle myself, it looks like I, once again, am left on the outside looking in and miss out on getting a little "something extra" from BB. :angry:

Oh. Wait. That wasn't bad. Maybe I can get my bonus points after all. :D

Malcolm: Is there some "special code" you need to get the extra 1k points? :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I got my letter too. Didn't get a coupon last week, but happy to have this one. Now if they'd just let me have a replacement card for the one the BB clerk kept some months ago so I wouldn't have to go through the phone number rigamarole every time. :angry:

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't renew my membership when it expired last Fall but after my membership expired they automatically renewed it for free but I lost the points that I had.

Since I had decided not to pay the $10 to renew I threw away my membership card. I called customer service but they would not re-issue me one so I always have to give my telephone number to the cashier. You would think they would send you a replacement card by request but no.

I don't spend enough money there to justify the membership fee. I have only received one $5 voucher in the last six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks