-

Photo

Best Buy Renews My Reward Zone Membership for Free!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#1 of 128 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted May 07 2005 - 08:26 AM

I just got in a letter yesterday from Best Buy. They've renewed my Reward Zone membership for free, even though my expiration date is at the end of July. They also sent me a coupon for double points on any single item. I, of course, promptly went out to BB and picked up S1 of ST:Enterprise. Any one else get this in the mail? How 'bout you Frezon? I know you generally have a tough time with getting them to mail you coupons. I didn't know if it was based on spending amounts or patterns, if it's for everyone, or if it's completely random.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#2 of 128 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted May 07 2005 - 10:37 AM

There was the coupon a lot of us used that gave us a free membership, about a week and a half ago I think. Guess they had a lot of people not renew.
Kyle McKnight

#3 of 128 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 07 2005 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
Any one else get this in the mail? How 'bout you Frezon? I know you generally have a tough time with getting them to mail you coupons. I didn't know if it was based on spending amounts or patterns, if it's for everyone, or if it's completely random.

Ya know, Will. I made yet another big purchase at my local Best Buy a few months ago and got a Reward Zone membership because it seemed to make sense at the time.

1.) It hasn't seemed to have any impact on my status of "persona non grata" re: their "preferred customer" coupons.

2.) And, no, I did not get any letter where they are offering to renew my membership for free and give me a coupon for free double points on an item.

These people will end up driving me to the funny farm.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 128 OFFLINE   GarySchrock

GarySchrock

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted May 07 2005 - 04:31 PM

I got this letter too. Just as well, because I personally felt somewhat gipped last time around when they sent out a bunch of special offers right around renewal time/past renewal to people and I had already paid to renu.

Now if only they'd replace the card. These things are so cheaply put together my cards been peeling almost since day 1.

#5 of 128 OFFLINE   nolesrule

nolesrule

Producer

• 3,084 posts
  • LocationClearwater, FL

Posted May 07 2005 - 05:47 PM

They sent me a new barcode sticker for my card, but no free membership renewal.

#6 of 128 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,483 posts

Posted May 07 2005 - 06:14 PM

Back in January (my last card expired on 12/31/04) I got a letter offering a free renewal, plus 5,000 points for opting to print the coupons online rather than mailing them. And now that they are doing deals for the card (like the cheaper price for Bob Newhart), it seems like I did the right thing.

#7 of 128 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,848 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 08 2005 - 07:53 AM

I got the free renewal letter right after getting a RZ break on Magnum, the A-Team, and Bob Newhart. I thought the card was pretty worthless until all that, now I'm glad to have it.

#8 of 128 OFFLINE   Randy B A

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

• 785 posts

Posted May 09 2005 - 02:37 PM

I just recieved this letter today. This makes 3 years straght that I have not had to pay for the membership thanks to various coupons and specials.

The initial sign up they started off with bonus points to cover the first $10 reward. The second year they sent a coupon to cover the cost, and now they renewed it just for fun. Posted Image

#9 of 128 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 09 2005 - 02:42 PM

Randy B A writes:
Quote:
I just recieved this letter today. This makes 3 years straght that I have not had to pay for the membership thanks to various coupons and specials.

Why Best Buy do this? Mike don't know. Mike only pawn in game of life.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#10 of 128 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 04:36 AM

If BB wants to send me a free renewal, I'll accept it; once my current card expires, I'm not going to renew. I've been frustrated by their inability to resolve the certificate mailing issue on my account; receiving only one $5 certificate in the mail in the past 6 months will do that to you. Posted Image Posted Image

#11 of 128 OFFLINE   Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 04:41 AM

Just got my free renewal notice in the mail yesterday. Nice, I guess. It should be freaking free to begin with! Posted Image
My Family's DVD Collection
My Family's Game Collection

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

#12 of 128 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted May 10 2005 - 05:53 AM

I got one for free when they first came out, then a free renewal a year later. Now nothing, i let the thing go. I wont spend the money on what should be free to begin with, and i did get about $30 or $40 in rebates each year i had the card. But i could have saved that just by shopping at Amazon more than BB.

#13 of 128 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 10 2005 - 02:06 PM

Free year here, too!

Plus an extra 1,000 free RZ points for every post needling Frezon! Posted Image

ka ching!
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#14 of 128 OFFLINE   josh4040

josh4040

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 08:13 PM

I got my free renewal in the mail today with the double points on a purchase coupon along with my fed tax refund check, a dangerous combination!
Incidentally I paid to renew the year before, but they gave me it for free the two years prior...

#15 of 128 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 11 2005 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
Plus an extra 1,000 free RZ points for every post needling Frezon!

Well, since I don't see how I can effectively needle myself, it looks like I, once again, am left on the outside looking in and miss out on getting a little "something extra" from BB. Posted Image

Oh. Wait. That wasn't bad. Maybe I can get my bonus points after all. Posted Image

Malcolm: Is there some "special code" you need to get the extra 1k points? Posted Image

#16 of 128 OFFLINE   Zen Butler

Zen Butler

Producer

• 5,331 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 02:29 AM

Quote:
Why Best Buy do this? Mike don't know. Mike only pawn in game of life.

Now show me, paint the fence.

bladerunner-thumb-510x227-39115_zpse210a

#17 of 128 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,267 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 03:24 AM

I got my letter too. Didn't get a coupon last week, but happy to have this one. Now if they'd just let me have a replacement card for the one the BB clerk kept some months ago so I wouldn't have to go through the phone number rigamarole every time. Posted Image

#18 of 128 OFFLINE   Robert Powers

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 07:18 AM

I didn't renew my membership when it expired last Fall but after my membership expired they automatically renewed it for free but I lost the points that I had.

Since I had decided not to pay the $10 to renew I threw away my membership card. I called customer service but they would not re-issue me one so I always have to give my telephone number to the cashier. You would think they would send you a replacement card by request but no.

I don't spend enough money there to justify the membership fee. I have only received one $5 voucher in the last six months.

#19 of 128 OFFLINE   Andrea W

Andrea W

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted May 11 2005 - 01:55 PM

Got my letter, too.

#20 of 128 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted May 11 2005 - 04:54 PM

Yup, me too. Prolly gonna use it on May 24 with Batman and Superfriends coming out.

Back to Bargains and Deals

Forum Nav Content I Follow