Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

building a dayton 12" TITANIC MKIII SUBW

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   jasonBarczew

jasonBarczew

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted May 05 2005 - 02:39 AM

I'm going to build my own box for my new Dayton 12"MKIII sub. I'm a newbie to the language and basics of the guts of the system so I can use alot of help finding a good amp and other accessories to finish the job. I can tackle the construction no problem. "my dad has an awesome set of tools" LOL. But I need help with getting all the pieces put together. Also, if there are any good articles to get me up to speed in understanding the dynamics of all the pieces involved in creating a great DIY sub, I could use those references. thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   BlakeN

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted May 05 2005 - 02:47 AM

I would say this is the best place to start.

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted May 05 2005 - 10:40 AM

I have one in a 16 1/4" cube, the baffle is 1.5", all other walls 3/4". It shakes the chairs! Make sure you get an amp with no boost, or as little boost as possible.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   RayM

RayM

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted May 05 2005 - 06:48 PM

I have one in a 3.5 ft^3 vented box tuned to 18hz and its great! I used an BoxyCad (do a google search) for the box plans and used a slot port, although a round port would be easier to integrate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users